• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

TJ/LJ Steering

Jbirt

Im planning on stretching the front of my 04 LJ 6"s and running a D60. What are my steering options since everything will basically be under my gearbox? Is full hydraulic the only option?

You could use a Chevy Astro Van steering gearbox. It will bolt right in place of the stock Jeep box, but the Astro Van gearbox has the pittman arm pointing toward the front of the vehicle instead of pointing rearwards. It'll give you the clearance you need.

Re:

Sinister fab in Michigan also has a stretch. They have no website but facebook. They have really nice stuff.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

hydro is the easiest by far... not good if you plan to drive on the road much though

Re: Re:

offroadman83 said:
Sinister fab in Michigan also has a stretch. They have no website but facebook. They have really nice stuff.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
This! I have there kit on my tj which I also stretched and put a dana 60 in. It's a tight fit with hydro assist but I made it work. Here's some pictures
8457462ab7e7f9dfc383a3dc09861c44.jpg

e97d9e2711fdb6ef3fa30b532086c638.jpg

Ended up having to notch the frame for the track bar though.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Re: Re: TJ/LJ Steering

Jbirt said:
How far forward did you go?
I can't even remember honestly. Next time I get out to the garage I'll measure the drive shaft and see how long I've gotta stretch that

Re:

Here's sinister fabs number, the guy the owns it goes by the name of Chop (5863227585)

Im not planning on starting it until probably February, id like to make the new years bash at moonlight this year. Trying to get all the parts together by then.