• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

tj rear drive line

99redtj

will be doing a sye kit and making my own skid plate with the heip from my buddy. the question is will the front driveline of a xj or a tj work to be shortened.

If you use a sye kit like the porc kit that uses a 1310 yoke instead of a flange that I've seen some kits use, yes.

You will need to lengthen your rear driveshaft. When I did mine on the TJ, it came out to be about 18 1/2" See if the front driveline of an XJ is close.

i'm going to use jb conversions super short kit to get the most driveline length and too go as flat as possible with the skid plate

I have an extra front drive line from my TJ you can use but it needs to be rebuilt (CV ball is shot). I used the AA SYE and run a 44 rear. my drive lin is only around 16.5" with a 4.5" lift. But I may be going to a hi angle style since It binds if I jack the frame up and let the axle drop. So the JB short conversion would be smart. I may also have a flange laying around if you need one.

99redtj said:
will be doing a sye kit and making my own skid plate with the heip from my buddy. the question is will the front driveline of a xj or a tj work to be shortened.

Yes it will if you use the h/d sye kit with the fixed yoke, not a flange.

it is a fixed yoke. it is there new kit that is about 3 inches shorter than there old h/d sye kit.

sounds good. when it is done, call je reel, high angle or tom woods and do the driveline right. (unless trail only)