• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

To RCV or Not...

I have a hard time understanding why spend all the money for RCVs as well. Yukon has stood behind any breaks I ever had with my Cromo`s and any break I`ve had has been an outter because the joint let go. At the last SRRS race in gray rock it seemed like a every other buggy broke a RCV.

truckbroke said:
I have a hard time understanding why spend all the money for RCVs as well. Yukon has stood behind any breaks I ever had with my Cromo`s and any break I`ve had has been an outter because the joint let go. At the last SRRS race in gray rock it seemed like a every other buggy broke a RCV.

Yukons still need a bling joint (bronze bushing). This means no/limited highway use. This is a TJ on 37s that spends time on the road. Makes perfect sense.

truckbroke said:
700+ horses and non 2 inch shafts is what you were seeing break. I know Shawn Tolson broke one that had been in his front end since that buggy was built. A Yukon shaft wouldn't have lasted the first hill.

I will never break an RCV. It will break the ring and pinion waaaaayyyyy before that. My intent was originally to sell the Alloy USA's and CTMs to fund the RCV's. Doesn't seem to be much interest in them so I am going to just eat the cost of the RCV's up front and hold on to the other shafts. Ill throw them back in when i sell the jeep and should be able to move the used RCV's for 2-300 less than new when the time comes. Overall money spent will be the same for me. Its just a matter of when it gets spent that will change.

Re:

The one advantage to an rcv over a regular shaft design, there won't be a chance for a lot of bind when turning hard over with an rcv. Without hydro is makes it a little easier to steer when hard over as well.

Hydro assist takes care of that. The big draw for me is the improved maintenance schedule with street use. Does anyone know if the RCV warranty is transferable or if it only extends to original buyer?

kmcminn said:
If piper or Kush had rcvs they wouldn't say these things. But heck my opinion is irrelevant I have leaf springs.
Naw ****** I want RCV's BAD.. Just for the peace of mind of a lifetime warranty. But when talking to Dave about it, kind of figured I would be a fool not to save half the money and have same warranty. But I will say, there's just something about that orange ball in a front axle that screams "I'm a Fukin pimp". Just like mine now say "I'm a Fukin broke poser". You know what I mean.

kushKrawlin said:
Naw black I want RCV's BAD.. Just for the peace of mind of a lifetime warranty. But when talking to Dave about it, kind of figured I would be a fool not to save half the money and have same warranty. But I will say, there's just something about that orange ball in a front axle that screams "I'm a Fukin pimp". Just like mine now say "I'm a Fukin broke poser". You know what I mean.
New RCV shirt in the future?

BUG-E J said:
New RCV shirt in the future?
Sure.. Tryin to decide between my right or left kidney .. Either way I'm sure I'll still be short on a set... And who in the **** would buy a set of used RCV's knowing the warranty doesn't transfer. Maybe a buddy so he could do the claim but not just a random set for sale. That blows my mind. I'll get a set one day I guess. Be a wile tho at 2000+ for a set of dam axle shafts. Sport my ass!! This ain't no sport. It's a dam pit. A deep pit. Hell I should just get Dana 30's with RCV's and ride out! send Em back every other week!! Hell why not.. Save 1000 buks. Haha.

What's bad is Toyotas been running RCVs for years and no one ever got to see em... Now the Orange boots are a status symbol...

You'll just have to take the yota guys word on said pimpness!

kushKrawlin said:
Naw black I want RCV's BAD.. Just for the peace of mind of a lifetime warranty. But when talking to Dave about it, kind of figured I would be a fool not to save half the money and have same warranty. But I will say, there's just something about that orange ball in a front axle that screams "I'm a Fukin pimp". Just like mine now say "I'm a Fukin broke poser". You know what I mean.

kushKrawlin said:
Sure.. Tryin to decide between my right or left kidney .. Either way I'm sure I'll still be short on a set... And who in the **** would buy a set of used RCV's knowing the warranty doesn't transfer. Maybe a buddy so he could do the claim but not just a random set for sale. That blows my mind. I'll get a set one day I guess. Be a wile tho at 2000+ for a set of dam axle shafts. Sport my ass!! This ain't no sport. It's a dam pit. A deep pit. Hell I should just get Dana 30's with RCV's and ride out! send Em back every other week!! Hell why not.. Save 1000 buks. Haha.

So does this mean the warranty DOES transfer? If I can get that confirmed, I'd say lets do this. I'll just pony up.

Nah it doesn't from what I have always read...

And nick the yota axle is one amazing axle. Just got first set ever, and the housing is so small I could make a bong out of it! But dam they take a beating!! Dam japs! Got us again

Hey guys, sorry for the delayed response. Unfortunately the warranty does not transfer. Only a lifetime warranty for the purchaser. If you have any questions please give us a call and we'll be glad to help!

RCV PERFORMANCE said:
Hey guys, sorry for the delayed response. Unfortunately the warranty does not transfer. Only a lifetime warranty for the purchaser. If you have any questions please give us a call and we'll be glad to help!

Thanks for the definitive answer. I am still on the fence. Not because I am in doubt of the product by any means. I am on the fence because I am a broke fella and what I have is only a little weaker than what I am looking at spending a grand for. I did notice this weekend at MYM that the CTM's may be getting close to needing bushings. I think I am gonna tear them down and inspect and go from there. Ill also be watching for some vendor sales. You fellas keep your ear to the ground and lemme know if you see someone with a decent sale going on.