• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Too high egt's?

shuld go as smooth as his head... lol.. say hi for me

id stick with an ofe, if well broken in it'll hold alot of abuse

the jr shuld be ok, but plan a clutch upgrade if its old , or your abusive

yha, we told people about it...

No idea the age of the clutch truck just now has 100K on it so havent a clue. I usually am not too hard on my trucks but on occasion i like to stomp on it and pass some ass hats:haha: (towing or not mind you)

I would guess a combo of the right level and POD level as well as torque settings:awesomework:

Jr is just a junior, no playing with it like a full blown Smarty.. 100 hp is the highest level. Your truck if I remember right, puts down between 260 and 285 rwhp.. Even with the slight variable these things always seem to have. Netting an extra 170 hp out of a 100 hp tune is pushing it.. 350 - 400 rwhp is the perfect hp level for these diesels, doesn't matter which make.

http://smartypower.com/new/smartyjr.html

Last edited:
They just show that you can choose timing and torque separately.. That won't net you more then the 100 hp.. That requires a regular smarty... They gave you more options then I thought, but still nothing to net you more hp.

If you look on the MADS site in the manuals for the junior it actually has more than just the 3 settings you can play with

http://www.madselectronics.com/SmartyJR.html

Page 12

They just show that you can choose timing and torque separately.. That won't net you more then the 100 hp.. That requires a regular smarty... They gave you more options then I thought, but still nothing to net you more hp.

The combo of different settings could dyno out more power though couldnt it? Its all just variables and the 100hp is an average as well i honestly dont want more than that just playing devils advocate here lol

most people just toy with those for drive ability more then anything. Some don't like it very touchy on the bottom, others love it. Some don't want the noise of the increased timing, others don't care and just want more power. With the Jr, there isn't much need in screwing with the settings. In the regular SMARTY, people constantly mess with the settings to get it driving like they want, or making power like they want.. Everything maxed out on the smarty rarely seems to net the most hp on a given setup.

I don't know that I'd have enough patience for a common rail, lol

most people just toy with those for drive ability more then anything. Some don't like it very touchy on the bottom, others love it. Some don't want the noise of the increased timing, others don't care and just want more power. With the Jr, there isn't much need in screwing with the settings. In the regular SMARTY, people constantly mess with the settings to get it driving like they want, or making power like they want.. Everything maxed out on the smarty rarely seems to net the most hp on a given setup.

I don't know that I'd have enough patience for a common rail, lol

I probably wouldnt mess with the stock settings they have in it already myself. I usually get bored after a while of trying to get the perfect set-up lol

well i ran th" jr" programs in my normal smarty while we were developing them. my truck was a 305/555 truck, i wound up making 425 on the early beta tunes...

i cant find the 425 run, but heres some from some of the verry first test runs
384hp , stock airbox,filter,exhaust etc
dkdyno.jpg

edit - i remember, the 425 hp runs were ligit, but never made production... they acedently put a 325/600 presure file in my truck... :redneck: ran great, but rattled...

Last edited:
side note, lol... heres what happens after 30 back to back dyno runs
big574.jpg

note the sudden drop in the blue line when the head bolts streached enough to " vent " the presure.. after it cooled down i was able to drive it like normal.. lol...

heres what injectors do when ya pop one with an mp8

and what the inside of an edm'd nozel that saw to much presure..
0822080002.jpg