• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Top Truck Challenge Hopeful

You'll need a winch on the front and better think about a snorkel. The water will easily be over that hood in the tank trap.

I've been there.

I have a Warn 8274 for the front and the other for the rear thanks im just trying to figure out how to make an 8274 look good on the front when it covers most of the grill, trying to make room behind the grill for it
thanks again

just trying to figure out how to make an 8274 look good on the front when it covers most of the grill, trying to make room behind the grill for it

Go just below the front tube, and behind if you can. Mount the fairlead just under that tube, with the drum under the tube and the motor above and behind it. You will be glad to have easy access to the drum.

Don't forget to hardwire the controls to the drivers position.

Also take goggles.

And your co-pilot needs to be physically fit. Pulling cable in the trap is a PITA. It's steeper than it looks. And the embankments are easily 10 foot. You've got to drag cable AND climb embankments to find a tree to hook.

Only a handful of rigs have ever driven it without winching.

What type cooling fan you got?

Only a handful of rigs have ever driven it without winching.

QUOTE]

I've done it 3 times with out winching. It was not on the challenge though so it was dry. Spotters are everything. Your co-pilot should be someone with experience spotting rig. He should know your rig as well as you do. Good side wall tread and bead locks are a must and like someone else mentioned earlier your line man better be fit and strong to get up the banks of the tank trap.

I've done it 3 times with out winching. It was not on the challenge though so it was dry. Spotters are everything. Your co-pilot should be someone with experience spotting rig. He should know your rig as well as you do. Good side wall tread and bead locks are a must and like someone else mentioned earlier your line man better be fit and strong to get up the banks of the tank trap.

His spotter/co-pilot has experience spotting and driving. I don't know about the in shape part though and as far as knowing the rig I helped build and design it so I know it well.

The way I see it theres not going to be 1 driver and 1 spotter we will work as a team and one will drive the other spot then switch as we need, To not kill either one of us WE BOTH NEED TO BE IN BETTER SHAPE lol

My money is on Tim Cameron winning it this year..... and that is the end of it.

I agree, but we can hope he has a catastrophic failure. If not it will be cool to have front row seats for the show:awesomework: If we make it that is