• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

tow rig wheels

militaryota

been looking at new wheels for the tow rig and have been finding it difficult to find wheels with a suitable load range or not listed at all.
any manufacturers to recommend?
most seem to be around 3100lbs per wheel or so, thats not even enough for e-range tires...

Last edited:
my stock were aluminum. i have steelies on there now. but i havent found any steel 18s.... wanting to get rid of some sidewall for less sway when hauling my camper...

well, I can say I've had over 6k lbs extra in the bed of my truck with my 20's.. (rear axle weight is 3k with nothing in it)

what brand are they?

i just know i use every bit of my tires load rating and for the R18 tires it like 3,8xx lbs. a wheel rated to 3100 isnt gonna do much good. and it not the occasional or one time extra heavy load, its loaded heavy over and over for years....

Will 19.5" rims fit on a Powerstroke? Some Dodge guys run these rims/tires. They're much higher rated than OEM. I think they also get more mileage out of a typical set.

http://www.ricksontruck.com/

I've looked into going to a 19.5" rig if my SRW truck turns out not being able to handle the weight of my trailer and a camper. The Vision cast aluminum wheels are rated at 4,500 Lbs. and so are most 245/70R/19.5 "G" rated tires. That would be a big inprovement on the "E" rated tires that came with my truck.

I've also heard that discount tire can order the vision wheels for a lot less then Rickson wants for them, though I havn't checked into that myself.

What is the load rating on a set of H1 Beadlocks? A old co-worker of mine ran a set on his 12V Dodge, he had them powder coated black looked pretty good if you ask me. I know they may not be 100% DOT legal (or atleast their is arguement around it) but I'm not concerned with that.

What is the load rating on a set of H1 Beadlocks? A old co-worker of mine ran a set on his 12V Dodge, he had them powder coated black looked pretty good if you ask me. I know they may not be 100% DOT legal (or atleast their is arguement around it) but I'm not concerned with that.

Well, when you figure an empty HMMWV unloaded in various flavors can weigh over 8000lbs...add cargo and perps and you've probably exceeded the GVWR of most one ton trucks.

As for DOT, the rims are a split rim, not a beadlock.

so the more i research the more i like those rickson 19.5s, i just need to find a 285/70r19.5 thats got a more aggressive pattern...
anyone know where?