• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Towing question

85toyo

For those of you that tow campers, do you use a load distribution/sway bar hitch? What size truck and camper do you have? My brother and myself are looking at getting a 33' camper for the farm we hunt and neither of us have any experience pulling campers. He pulls a 36' center console on a tri axle trailer around with no issues and thinks the sway bars won't be necessary for a camper. I have always seen people use them so I was curious to see what most of you do.

The haul will be 2.5 hours each way, twice a year.

I always use sway stablizers on camper i had as the wind draft behind "square" wall light weight camper will be different than pulling boat. Altho ive moved it around town with no issue but if going on highway for 2.5 hours other vehicles such as semi blowing past you may fish tail it and you not be anle to recorrect at high speeds........ Thats my 2cents

Yes you do need a sway control system for sure. As said above 18 wheelers will push and pull it all over the road causing it to fish tali. The last camper I had I used the Equalizer hitch system. I liked it better than the standard chain system. This was a 36' camper as well.

http://www.equalizerhitch.com/

Most campers pull like a drunk one legged rock hopper trying to walk up Los primos If it's not a drw I would put them on. I pull four trailers every week.

Eddyj said:
Most campers pull like a drunk one legged rock hopper trying to walk up Los primos If it's not a drw I would put them on. I pull four trailers every week.

LMAO! I really wish somebody had that on video. I hadn't even drank anything yet that day either! :****: