• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Towrig tires?

JPT

So my 01 Cummins is in need of new tires for winter and just wondering what others run and like or don't like on your trucks. I use the truck for hauling and some daily driving/commuting. I want a mildly aggressive allterrain for it anyone have recommendations? In the past I have ran Too MTs(never again), and Nitto ATs and BFG ATs both decent but I'm kinda wanting to try Goodyear Duratracs maybe. Thoughts, suggestions or warnings anybody?

I love my Hankook Dynapro MT tires on my 2005 cummins. I will be going with those tires once my new stock tires wear down on my 2014. As for the Goodyear duraturds... I honestly cant say. My dad is running them on his tundra and they seem soft and I don't think they would last long on a cummins with more torque and weight.

I have 55000 miles on my Dynapro MT tires on a 420hp cummins and I have to say I would take them another 10k before replacement. I will buy them again for sure.

Love my Nitto Trail Grapplers on the Duramax. 90% of the time I'm towing and have a camper on. They are the only thing I've had that can compare to the old skool BFG M/T. Toyo can suck my left nut!

I've read reviews on pirate of the duratracs being squirmy under the heavier rigs. I loved them on my explorer in the snow.

I have Yokohama Geolander A/Ts on my F-350, and I have no complaints about them.

Toyo MT's can go blow goats:fawkdancesmiley:

I hate those tires. :awesomework:

:awesomework:

I haven't run the Duratracs, but know quite a few that have on their cummins. Some are satisfied, others love em. Haven't heard any bad. I had good luck with the nitto A/T's. The BFG got a refresh and are supposed to be out beginning of next month. Haven't read up on how much they have changed though.

Geolanders on the wife's rig---good tire...
Nitto's are quiet-friend has had them on his 98 24V 4x4---wear like steel.
Several people I know have the Duratracs, several on diesels...some happy, some just ok...I think it depends largely on the size whether the complaints of squirmy are validated.

I loved the BFG a/t's and m/t's on my highboy. Ran the a/t's on the Dakota and jeep as well with good results. Never did run them on the dodge.

I have never seen anything you own with "brand new" rubber on it, **** you probably don't even use a new condom. :fawkdancesmiley:

my guess is that's why he doesn't like them, only time ive seen them separate is when they are old, this is not a problem for all the other tires because they don't last long enough to get old.

Had good luck with mine (KM's) as well (on the pig for 7yrs now)...Bought new of course.:haha:

Have had good luck with the Duratracs on our logging pickups, getting 35k out of them.
BFG's were great but I haven't had a set in 5-6 years.

Mind you I have a dually and sometimes tow/haul to max capacity, I use the Toyo AT II's.

They suck in the snow, but so do duallys. I have chains for that. Anywhere else, they do fantastic. My biggest brag on them is I can get 60K miles out of a set of tires.

Why put big angry mud tires on your tow rig? Get something that lasts.

Last edited:
Mine were NEW km2 10 ply load range "E". Never ra.n them low

One of the rears blew the cap off outside of Spokane leaving me stranded.

I have pulled a ton of OLD used ones off of parted out toyotas with everything from peeling apart carcasses and busted plys/bulges.

Just me, do as you please. They are NOT for me. :awesomework:

Why put big angry mud tires on your tow rig? Get something that lasts.

Got close to 65K on my Muds now...Bought them new when the truck had 107K, now at 171K...I did have two of the 4 replaced 2 yrs in though, due to chains in snow puncturing the edge of the sidewall, but that's what the Discount road hazard's for...:redneck:
It is time for me to be looking for replacements...