• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toy 4cyl to v6. swap.....HELP

runner over

So I went to my cousins house and he is putting a toy v6 into a early 90s 4cyl truck he's got everything done except the wiring what are his options. Do they sell a kit . What is the easist way to get this thing running? Any help would be great

havent seen a kit or anything for it... because its not typical to swap a 3.0 for the 22re. its typically the other way around. either way, he could always try to splice the harness of the 3.0 with the older 22re harness.

Yeah, my first qeustion was WHY..... he said he had paid for two 22re`s that died after a month(very uncomon) don't really know the whole story but he got the 6 for almost nothing and he just trying to use as a work truck . As for the wirin he's ben working on splicing the two harnesses for a couple of weekends and called me for some advice just trying to see if there was any tips or a easier way.

swap a wireing harness and computer that is made for a v6:eeek:

This is all that needs to be said. Where did your cousin get the motor? Tell him to go back and get the harness from whatever rig the motor came out of...

This is all that needs to be said. Where did your cousin get the motor? Tell him to go back and get the harness from whatever rig the motor came out of...

Thanks .... I just hope it isn't to late (hope he hasn't ruined the harness trying to splice the two). I think he got the motor from a friend who totalled his rig so he should have no prob getting the rest of the stuff needed. If not I'm sure I can find it.. Its just really goin to suck when I have to help him put a 22 back in his truck after he relizes how gay the 6 is.