• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toy Body on fullsiz frame

ToyRochon

- Has anyone seen a Toyota Bady on a fullsize frame. IE chevy chassis. I thought it might be a cool build. Maybe not to cheap, but a durable and reliable trail rig. What you all think?

Not a toyota on a chevy, but a Datsun on a dodge. The only real setback is the steering shaft versus the driverside exhaust manifold, because of the differences in width. (well that and fitting everything under the front sheetmetal, which as you can see didn't happen)

199-1.jpg

I too did a datsun but I put mind on toyota the frame and wheelbase was 3 inches wider the hardest thing to do was as fordzuki said was the steering and because I used the stock datsun dash the wiring was a bit tricky but the rest was easy... my dad and I did the body swap in 2 weeks and yes that is the datsun on 40s :redneck:
l_17e5b981da07e90d9902e2a39555c9-1.jpg

Last edited:
Bout the only other pic I have of it.
ttwins.jpg

pulling what was left of the ramcharger off the frame.
206.jpg

:redneck:
246.jpg

It's a total hack job, aside from ripping the old body off, I had the cab on and driving in a day, just took all the ramcharger wiring and stuffed it under the datsun dash, only what it needed to run. Cut the body mounts off the datsun frame and welded to the ramcharger frame. Used the ramcharger collumn. I ended up giving it to a buddy when I started the LJ project, cause my trailer aint wide enough to haul it, and he's got some property to play around with it.

ima why would you want to swap a toy body from a toy frame to a chevy frame, aren't all chev frames are open on the inside?, all toy frames are fully boxxed so it would possible be a stronger/easier way to go. why not just put a bigger engine and 60's under a toy chassis?

Yes--it can be done--but a horible choice if you ask me... Full size frames are WAY harder to work with than a toy frame

Latest posts