• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota 4 wheel steer

BrokeYota22

anyone running a front toyota strait axle in the rear? can you post up pictures, helpful hints. Im sure theres threads already started for this and ill continue to look around.

I was wondering how the gears/parts hold up with it in the rear, and i know on a toyota front strait axle the steerings 6ins side to side but for the rear can you run a 4in ram and just not use the full travel? how is the rear steering set up? do you run 2 power steering pumps or one huge one? how do you control the rear and separate valve or is it tided into the steering wheel? thanks

I was wondering how the gears/parts hold up with it in the rear, and i know on a toyota front strait axle the steerings 6ins side to side but for the rear can you run a 4in ram and just not use the full travel? how is the rear steering set up? do you run 2 power steering pumps or one huge one? how do you control the rear and separate valve or is it tided into the steering wheel? thanks

Yes you can reduce the turning radius to whatever you want.

It can be done either way. A lot of guys just run a little bigger pump.

You control the rear with a separate valve.

Yes you can reduce the turning radius to whatever you want.

It can be done either way. A lot of guys just run a little bigger pump.

You control the rear with a separate valve.

how would you properly tie the rear lines into the front lines and would a trail gear pump for a 22re work?

how would you properly tie the rear lines into the front lines and would a trail gear pump for a 22re work?

Some orbital valves comes with a outlet port but for the most you use a Y to divert flow to both valves. The TG pump would probably work but not like it very much. Also remember that unless you use a seperate pump for the front and rear, the steering will only want to work 1 valve at a time.

Some orbital valves comes with a outlet port but for the most you use a Y to divert flow to both valves. The TG pump would probably work but not like it very much. Also remember that unless you use a seperate pump for the front and rear, the steering will only want to work 1 valve at a time.

seams like running two pumps may be a better idea? or is there a single pump that has enough psi to run both rams? i have an orbital vavle with a self centering joy stick or what ever, i don't know much about hydraulics...

Pick up a lowrider magazine and order up an electric hydro pump. the messicans prices cant be beat. most of them are all made by fennerstone or knockoffs using interchangeable parts. I have seen too mamy folks get a GRAINGER pump for over 600clams, when the same can be had out of the LR mag for about 200bucks. and pumped up if needed.

Electric pumps for the rear are the most common Ive seen.:awesomework:

Pick up a lowrider magazine and order up an electric hydro pump. the messicans prices cant be beat. most of them are all made by fennerstone or knockoffs using interchangeable parts. I have seen too mamy folks get a GRAINGER pump for over 600clams, when the same can be had out of the LR mag for about 200bucks. and pumped up if needed.

Ive heard that electric pumps are slow. Never seen one on a rig, The 2 that ive seen were std issue engine powered steering.

Ive heard that electric pumps are slow. Never seen one on a rig, The 2 that ive seen were std issue engine powered steering.

Take alook at monster trucks, they have been doin it for years.

Ther are so many pumheads available. Ive seen dudes hop 6k# caddies 4 feet in the air with two 8x1 rams. Thats fast.:beer:

My system is setup like this....from PSC pump to hydroboost to rear steer control lever the to orbital on the pressure side. Return side runs to a cooler with fan behind cab then to the hyrdro tank. All on 1 pump works fine.

So i have a 12volt hydro pump lying out in the shop, so yours saying that i could just wire that in to control the rear ram. sounds like it would work and i already have all the stuff to make that work:D

So i have a 12volt hydro pump lying out in the shop, so yours saying that i could just wire that in to control the rear ram. sounds like it would work and i already have all the stuff to make that work:D

If only hydraulics were that simple. Does the pump have any specs on it? I know some back east boys ran the subaru p/s pump on their rear steering but it was slow as hell.

Car hydraulics typically run 48 volts to the 12v pumps to get the rpm of the motor up. Hoppers run 84-96 volts...been there done that **** burns up.

Besides carrying that many batteries would get expensive $ and heavy quick, my car had 14 batteries in the trunk :bling: