• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota 5 pt. harness bar

uprunner

anyone ever make a harness bar in their pick up or 4runner? I am going to attempt to build one for my second gen 4runner and im thinking i might be able to just bolt a 1/4 inch plate onto the upper rear doot mounts, bend and weld a piece of dom to it and make two supports in the middle that could attach to the floot in an easy spot. just wondering if anyones ever done it before

The absolute safest way to mount them is make sure the attachment points are on the same mount as your lap belts are.

The absolute safest way to mount them is make sure the attachment points are on the same mount as your lap belts are.

you can be torn in half if not done right...make a cage weld it to frame..do a true 5 point set up to the cage...you will at least be on the right path.:cheer:

do a little bit more reading. Billavista on pirate did a huge writeup on how to correctly mount harnesses. read it for sure because these things can kill you even if they dont fail.

Mount them all the way to the floor and you'll compress your spine in a bad roll.

X2 on the BellaVista article.:awesomework: