• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota based buggys

thats what im looking at doing, using a FJ40 front clip

You might think you have all of the part's to just do a change over, but I promise it will still be expensive, I know for a fact you will be spending $1000+ at Napa alone (new fuel lines, fuel pump, brake lines), you will need a fuel cell, shock's, hydro steering, link's, heim's, seat's, and the list can go on, bottom line, just stick with the runner plan, keep wheeling and start buying buggy only parts and saving money, then make the change over fast and easy

You might think you have all of the part's to just do a change over, but I promise it will still be expensive, I know for a fact you will be spending $1000+ at Napa alone (new fuel lines, fuel pump, brake lines), you will need a fuel cell, shock's, hydro steering, link's, heim's, seat's, and the list can go on, bottom line, just stick with the runner plan, keep wheeling and start buying buggy only parts and saving money, then make the change over fast and easy

x2..

Thats for damn sure. Just cutting the rest of the toy **** off has probably cost me $1000. Its all that small **** that adds up quick.

This guy has no idea what he's talking about.:haha:

If i was you i would buy a built and tested buggy...oh yeah, dont forget about the truck and trailer...remember that lesson?

Just curious if there is any other buggy venders that do toyota based buggys besides formula toy or hendrix.

As darius said--and he has seen it first hand--so have I. You will need a fair amount of $$$ saved for the small stuff alone...

yep. I spent a bunch of cash, even though I allready had a built toy pickup with all the standard bling. Its all the little stuff you should do right the first time.

I'm sure you could hack an abortion of parts together for nothing if you wanted to though.

As darius said--and he has seen it first hand--so have I. You will need a fair amount of $$$ saved for the small stuff alone...

It's kind of like building you're front Prorock, the part's just keep on coming, it's all obvious part's, but you don't realise it till you're ball's deep and gotta spend it. I know the game, see it daily and I keep getting pissed about it with my runner build.:mad:

It's kind of like building you're front Prorock, the part's just keep on coming, it's all obvious part's, but you don't realise it till you're ball's deep and gotta spend it. I know the game, see it daily and I keep getting pissed about it with my runner build.:mad:

Thats why you don't look at the $$ spent--I didn't, I just kept collecting parts,lol....

i was gonna throw a chassis on my frame like what formula toy does. i know i cant do a full on buggy. should have stated that before

Darius is on the money with the input he gave you, The bill gets bigger every time you start thinking :eeek: should do this or should I do that then you see how much it will be and think Damn :mad:

I have been there more than once and I sort of 1/2 way through the 3rd one :D

and what can really kick ur a$$ is when looking at parts that you are thinking of buyng and thinking for just a lil more $$$ I can step up to this more blinging part, it aint that much more lol. Whatever you think it is going to cost you, just double or triple it and you will be about right :haha: .

How about buggy based Toyota's? :stirpot: :redneck:

Still spend a butt load on teh little nickle/dime **** to get it finished up. :mad:

Buy one thats done like I just did and make what ever changes to it you want. Its way cheaper and your wheeling now !

and what can really kick ur a$$ is when looking at parts that you are thinking of buyng and thinking for just a lil more $$$ I can step up to this more blinging part, it aint that much more lol. Whatever you think it is going to cost you, just double or triple it and you will be about right :haha: .

So damn true.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :redneck:

:hi: Even a formula toyota takes a while to build!!! it took me about 3 months just from sawzalling the body to having it running again, and i still have a lot of stuff to do to it untill it's done to my final specs...:awesomework: