• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota drive flange failure

smbroady82 said:
I think he was referring to r&p failures. Meaning, your hi pinion is what 30-35% stronger than a regular low pinion, which probably helped in not breaking a r&p.

Yes Sir thats what i meant thumb.gif

Damn. Good to see someone polishing a turd and sticking with a Toy axle. thumb.gif I went to ARP hardware on mine and haven't had any issues (YET). But then again when I put the MTR Stickies on my shitbox I adjusted my driving style accordingly.

Re:

I have flanges on Mine with the added pins and I just keep them tight I did have to go to a hp front I beat the **** out of mine on 37 reds and it has held up well but I got longs and rcv tcase stuff and I'm light I check and tighten my hubs and drive shafts and steering arms before I ride each day I want to keep mine light so I opted to just check bolts a lot and keep it tight

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Trust me i'm no stranger to a toyota and keeping things tight. Hell after a couple hard rides i take the thirds out and tighten the backlash. If you saw how hard i beat this thing youd see why even arp studs and dial pins arent going to hold up. But it's cool. Its fixed now and hopefully the weak point is nowhere haha

Rjhoward32006 said:
Trust me i'm no stranger to a toyota and keeping things tight. Hell after a couple hard rides i take the thirds out and tighten the backlash. If you saw how hard i beat this thing youd see why even arp studs and dial pins arent going to hold up. But it's cool. Its fixed now and hopefully the weak point is nowhere haha

Wishful thinking...

glad it worked out man, anyone running Toyotas should look into something like this, b/c they will break at some point

Really hard for me to believe y'all are breaking ARP studs before low pinion diffs. When I broke my ARP studs, I was winching Chad out and I was in reverse with both cases in low, on 39 reds, on very grippy ground down at The GAP in Auburn. When the ARP studs let loose, sparks went everywhere (it was dark). But I never broke studs during regular wheeling.

Maintenance JD, taking the thirds out and tightening the backlash back to about .001 so they have deep gear contact at the root. I think my auto trans dampens a lot. Hell I'm running a stock toyta chain drive case and no gear reduction. It's geared more like a bouncer than a crawler. 2.6 in case and 4:88's

94xjsport94 said:
Cause Jesse and Broady wheel..? :woot:

woah woah woah, the biggest issue I have is actually finding someone to ride with

mine was down for months and now that its good to go its like pulling teeth to get anyone up here to go

I have a beach trip coming up soon but after that I'll meet you guys halfway somewhere to wheel thumb.gif

Re: Re: Toyota drive flange failure

Rjhoward32006 said:
Maintenance JD, taking the thirds out and tightening the backlash back to about .001 so they have deep gear contact at the root. I think my auto trans dampens a lot. Hell I'm running a stock toyta chain drive case and no gear reduction. It's geared more like a bouncer than a crawler. 2.6 in case and 4:88's
Ha, I know how that is! That gearing is terrible for crawling! My old sas'd Tacoma had the 2.7 3rz with 5 speed, 4:88's, and stock T case on 36" tsl's. Had to smoke the clutch everytime to go slow over anything lol. It was so jerky trying to crawl in that thing.

smbroady82 said:
woah woah woah, the biggest issue I have is actually finding someone to ride with

mine was down for months and now that its good to go its like pulling teeth to get anyone up here to go

I have a beach trip coming up soon but after that I'll meet you guys halfway somewhere to wheel thumb.gif

Haha I'd say I'm down to go but mine needs to go back in the lab... Cracked frame and broken coil tower so I'm going to spend some money here soon I believe.

TacomaJD said:
Ha, I know how that is! That gearing is terrible for crawling! My old sas'd Tacoma had the 2.7 3rz with 5 speed, 4:88's, and stock T case on 36" tsl's. Had to smoke the clutch everytime to go slow over anything lol. It was so jerky trying to crawl in that thing.

It teally isnt that bad. The auto trans does a great job at letting it crawl when need be. But i like hitting **** like a bouncer also