• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota dual t-case rear driveline?

Ten4

my question is do you have to get a new rear driveline when you install dual t-cases. or can you re-use your stock rear driveline? i'm thinking you need a new driveline because it will be shorter distance from t-case to rear axle. but i wanna be sure.

my question is do you have to get a new rear driveline when you install dual t-cases. or can you re-use your stock rear driveline? i'm thinking you need a new driveline because it will be shorter distance from t-case to rear axle. but i wanna be sure.
yep, its needs to be shortened. either retubed, or an entire new tube, depending on the yr of truck.

i got a spare rear DL, from psychotoy, so i could have it shortened, when i did my duals. well, as it turned out, both ends of the tube necked down, so if it was shortened, the tube was too big of diameter for the yoke. it would have had to be retubed.

don't forget the front DL. Your stock cross member won't work either

don't forget the front DL. Your stock cross member won't work either
yep..front also.
depending on how much lift uve got, the crossmember WILL work.
over 4" or so, and the front DL will rub on the xmember.

yep..front also.
depending on how much lift uve got, the crossmember WILL work.
over 4" or so, and the front DL will rub on the xmember.

I notched my cross member to clear the front DL. Still wouldn't bolt up. Can't remember why now but i think holes weren't lining up?? Can't remember but I love my TG cross member!

If you have a 4runner you may also have to clearance the "horsecollar" crossmember above the driveline and bend the parking brake bracket to clear. I am using a stock crossmember for my 90. I also had to use a cv joint on the transfer end of the driveline due to vibration issues.

Last edited:
Just move the rear end back 6" and you won't have to shorten your driveline. Ya that will work.
I was thinking of a flat bellie and if that would make up the differance

Square front drivelines are cheap to make, and stronger than ****.

I just home shortened and home balanced my rear driveline... works great, and cost about $1.25

Latest posts