• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota engine hardmount motormount questions

rooinater

well whatever they are called,... the urethane solid engine mounts... rockstomper sells them. does anyone else make them for a better price than 75 bones a set??? yikes... the rig will not be a daily driver, eventually it'll be a trailer queen, so i'm not worried about the extra vibes on the pavement.

mount02.jpg

thanks,

Most aftermarket, quality Toy mounts are high. These are nice mounts. I think Crash makes similar mounts to these for a reasonable price.

If your stock mounts arent ripped jsut weld 3 links of chain to the mount and frame. One link goes to the mount and one to the frame. Leave a bit of slack between them so you don't have to deal with the vibrations from your drivetrain coming through your rig.

Yup, it allows the engine to run down the road smoothly on the rubber joints but when you drop it in low range the chain gets taught and keeps everything in line.

i bought a set of rockstompers and couldnt get them to fit right, so i built a set for my truck, i also built another set. $50 and they're yours. hardware and everything is there.

they aren't ripped as far as i know, but i'll have to take the mounts out anyhow to remove the alignment nub on the mount. because i'll be pivoting my drivetrain up and flat to the belly. i'd rather have the beef, and not have to cut something else off the frame later, like if i ever decide to put a v6 in it... unlikely at the way gas prices are going anyhow.

take the mounts out anyhow to remove the alignment nub on the mount. because i'll be pivoting my drivetrain up and flat to the belly.QUOTE]

Hey Old beer cans, sounds like what we had talked about doing to your truck a long while back. Let me know we could make it happen.:awesomework:

If you loosen the 17mm nut on the mount and leave the frame side tight you can just raise the t-case(s) then tighten the nuts back down. Mine has been like that for 3+ years now with no problems.

the other thing you can do, is instead of using the stud off of the engine mount, just drill through the whole thing and run a nut and bolt. the rubber section that the stud is impregnated into is usually where they tear. that way you aren't hard mounting the engine, but the only reason for an engine mount to fail is if the bolt you use fails, not gonna happen.