• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

(toyota)high speed driveline vibes? HELP

toyodaaddict

ok im having what i believe are driveline vibes. everything is smooth till i hit 60mph then nasty vibes. this started when i went to chevy springs. iv got a highangle cv driveline. pinion is pointed at tcase and tiped down 2* as recomended by highangle and just like my other truck. i cant figure it out and driving 55 allday long is not cutting it.

- make sure your joints are gutentight.
- make sure the ends are in phase.
- Check for missing balance weights.

That should get you started to figuring out the issue. Others will have more input. :awesomework:

- make sure your joints are gutentight.
- make sure the ends are in phase.
- Check for missing balance weights.

That should get you started to figuring out the issue. Others will have more input. :awesomework:

good advice these where the first things i checked . no missing weights, driveline is in phase, u joint is new and tight. i dont know how to check a cv

I generally point the diff above the t-case slightly..... because of axle wrap when your driving it tends to drop down a little. Might be a cause, or could just be a loose bolt somewhere.

I generally point the diff above the t-case slightly..... because of axle wrap when your driving it tends to drop down a little. Might be a cause, or could just be a loose bolt somewhere.

correction,

I rear axles pinion will tip up on acceleration and tip down under deceleration.

Just picture an old camaro with slapper bars, they are in front of the axle.

Noob Q

Whatcha mean by "driveline in phase" exactly?

I too have bad vibes @ about 40, and wanna be sure of it when trying to figure out what my problem is

Noob Q

Whatcha mean by "driveline in phase" exactly?

I too have bad vibes @ about 40, and wanna be sure of it when trying to figure out what my problem is
The driveline from the factory is made to cancel out vibrations.

I had my front driveshaft off for some reason or other and upon reinstall, I got vibrations. Unbolting it and rotating it a quarter turn resolved the issue. It put it back to factory phase.

There is a reason that repair manuals say to mark flanges and etc so they go back together the way they came apart.

The driveline from the factory is made to cancel out vibrations.

I had my front driveshaft off for some reason or other and upon reinstall, I got vibrations. Unbolting it and rotating it a quarter turn resolved the issue. It put it back to factory phase.

There is a reason that repair manuals say to mark flanges and etc so they go back together the way they came apart.
Thanks for explaining it for me. Im aware of what you say, and it could very well be my problem (or part of it) as mine was peiced together from a few diffrent donor rigs, thats why I asked:awesomework:
Got mine as a roller w/ a bed full of parts (of which 1/2 were wrong, mis-matched yrs etc)...basically a big headache for a complete noob and Toyota's:eeek::redneck:

problem solved

its been awhile but i did get this fixed. chop shop called it the rear ubolts where loose. tightend em up and everything seems to be good. iv had issues with front u bolts causing problems but never rear so im glad someone suggested it.