• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota P/U Diesel's

4xjunkie

I was wondering if Toyota had any diesel's that would bolt in, in place of a 22re?

My wife has a 93 P/U X-cab 4x4, and if something happens to the motor, I thought about installing a diesel engine, It is just a thought right now.

So I was wondering what was out there that would just bolt in?

Not 100% on whether or not it would work, and one would be hard to find but i think that a 2.4L toyota diesel out of a 2WD would work, I almost bought one from a friend of mine at shcool that needed rebuilt but dont have the cash for it.

look into this on pirate. I know a few years ago this was discussed. I thought the same thing when I had a toy. There were a few standard cab long bed 4x4s in 84 and 85 that had deisels so the eng and trans from them would work in yours. I also heard people were getting the toyota deisels out of fork lifts for this conversion. Remember the VW rabbit diesel in a sami idea? I dont think it caught on.

I have taken a blown up diesel out of a 85 Yota and put in a complete 22r just had to change bellhousing and starter and a few wires.

militaryota said:
i didnt think toy diesels were very easy to come by?
They aren't. In the USA, Toyota diesel trucks weren't made after sometime in the 80s I think. They didn't have a lot of power, but got great mileage...like 40-50 mpg. You could try finding one to import from another country if you really feel like it.