• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota pressure power steering line breakage...

graysquirrel

Hey just wondering if anyone has expereinced this problem...

I have gone thru 5 or 6 pressure power steering lines in the last few months, all of them are breaking in the same spot. The flare on the end of the hose breaks off that is on the ps pump end of the hose. I have looked at and taken out the little brass insert the the flare seats against and everything looks fine. It is driving me nuts!!! After the third one i went down to Auto Zone and got a lifetime warrenty hose for 25 bucks. Please anyone let me know if this has happened to you or maybe any ideas on why???

Not sure, but I'd guess you have some kind of blockage some where...

It sounds like it's building up pressure and causing the failure...

Yeah all the bolts are in and tight, no excessive vibes as far as i can see. Weird thing is i never changed, moved or did anything, just all of a sudden started breaking lines. Im gonna try to put a different brass seat/insert in and see if that helps. What do you think about putting some kind of bracket/brace/mount for the hose somewhere?

maybe put in on a little les tight. Just snug it up, fire it uo and if it leaks tighten it just enogh to stop the leaking. Tightnin it too much will flare or smash the flare too much.