• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota radiator W/4.3?

HillbillyPlumber said:
Anybody ever keep their stock radiator?If not whats a good low price alternative, maybe some thing I could get at a junkyard that would fit
I'm planning on it. Stock "turbo" 3 core unit.

V6 and turbo rads work with a stick, an auto might generate too much heat for these? Teh 4 cyl. - 2 row unit won't work.

Not sure about the diesel unit?

HillbillyPlumber said:
I'm guessing these would bolt in the same place? Exact fit?
The Toy rads, yes. They'll bolt right in. You may need to move the hose locations side to side though, but a little brazing work or take it to a radiator shop and you're set.

skrause said:
The Toy rads, yes. They'll bolt right in. You may need to move the hose locations side to side though, but a little brazing work or take it to a radiator shop and you're set.

On the upper you can change the water neck at the thermostat housing on the intake manifold to point toward the passenger side, then you only have to modify the bottom tank.

I used a 3 core out of an 87 dodge raider. Slightly larger size than stock toyota but the in and out are on the correct sides and is a 3 core instead of 2. I just drilled new holes in the fronted and made some standoff spacers to mount it.