• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota rear disc kits

johneymav

i have been wanting to do rear discs on my yota now for a while, and it appears that there are a few companies offering the kits, i want to know what ya'll have on your rigs and what you think of it

I used Sky manufacturings parts fot two rigs they are a good company. I bought their brackets and rotors. I then used calipers off of a 80 chev malibu.
I also used a adjustable prop valve and got rid of the the factory LSPV in the rear and replaced it with a 2lb residual valve. The master cylinder was out of a 98 Landcruiser and is 1 1/8" bore which is a little on the big size just use a
1" bore.

We used the Sky kit as well, easy swap. Heres some pics . I have lots more if you want them of the complete swap. Used a Wilwood proportioning valve. Linelock is not pictured in the Master cyl. pic.

Try again on the pics
picture.php
picture.php

I used the sky kit about 5 years ago. Its a nice kit. I used a 92 fj80 master and adjustable proportioning valve. The system worked very well.

i was lookin at the ones from Techtfabs and Davez but because they use four piston front calipers i would have to use wheel spacers, so i think i'll go with sky's since one of my buddies is close with Skylar the owner, but i also know how you wheel Beau and that your All-pro kit has lasted this long with 38's is pretty good too

i was lookin at the ones from Techtfabs and Davez but because they use four piston front calipers i would have to use wheel spacers, so i think i'll go with sky's since one of my buddies is close with Skylar the owner, but i also know how you wheel Beau and that your All-pro kit has lasted this long with 38's is pretty good too

The sky kit uses floating calipers, Does the davez kit use floating calipers?

I ran the sky brackets on my ftoy. Bought all the other parts local and machined the rotors myself.

If you pick up the drill and tap the brackets aren't that hard to make if you have more time than $

Latest posts