• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota single 4:70 vs stock duals.

lilpain

What's lower? I am looking to put duals in my yota but was curious if a single 4:70 case or stock dual 2:28s were lower. Thx in advance :)

Duals all the way... More gear opitions longer front driveline shorter rear...

Apparently math is hard? 2.28x2.28=5.1984 so you tell me, what's lower? :flipoff:

If you want to be stuck with high range lugging along or cranked the fawk out in higher gears between trails then go single 4.7's. If you want to have a rig that's always got a good gear to use then go duals. You can always put 4.7's in the rear case later.

4.7s suck for an ONLY option. You only have stock hirange (completly worthless) or SUPER low, which sucks ass in alot of situations.

But cheap ****ers love the 4.7 option. Even after hearing good advice they will still go with just a 4.7 and then justify it with comments like, "but I couldnt afford new drivelines" or "I dont wnat to buy a new skidplate/crossmember" etc.

Twin sticks are ****in worthless on a yota too.

Well I added it all up.
Does anyone know if the long slip drive line will work with my 1983 yoga I have a w56 swap.and wondering if it will work when I do the dual cases. This is my daily/ wheeler so I am just ordering everything so I just have to cut down my rear shaft and everything else hopefully will just bolt right up.

Here is my cart.
http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/index.php/checkout/cart/

Go duals. I have a sammy with a single 5.1 and it sucks! I will be going duals soon.
My rock buggy started out with stock duals was great but hated that jump the clutch to start when i was on a knifes edge. I upgraded it to duals w/4.7 23 splines and chromo output, rear disconnect, WITH TWIN STICKS and love it.

So i say duals.

Twin sticks let you put a single case in Low2wd.

Dual cases let you put one case in LOW and the other case in 2wd with stock shifters.

How would twin sticks on a dual setup offer any advantage?

I love mine :D

I say duals since like whats been said more gear range options...

[/B]
Well I added it all up.
Does anyone know if the long slip drive line will work with my 1983 yoga I have a w56 swap.and wondering if it will work when I do the dual cases. This is my daily/ wheeler so I am just ordering everything so I just have to cut down my rear shaft and everything else hopefully will just bolt right up.

Here is my cart.
http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/index.php/checkout/cart/

Ummmm?????

twin stick adv.

Only advantage really is the ability to change from 4l to 2l and vise versa without stopping..and having a double 2low...but how often would you use that

I have to disagree that twin sticks are useless.
If you are locked in the front you want twin sticks... it let's you run low low or single low in 2wd and 4wd. When you crawl something and at the top have a tight corner you can just throw it in 2wd make your corner and back into 4 of you need it. Unless you have full hydro or hydro assist I recommend twin sticks.

I love my dual cases with 4.7 in the rear. The twin stick in my runner is awesome it makes for quick 2wd double low action when its needed and I will add one to my pickup next time I pull the cases.:beer:

Only advantage really is the ability to change from 4l to 2l and vise versa without stopping..and having a double 2low...but how often would you use that
The double low 2wd is the only thing it will offer that a single stick cant. How often is there a need for low low 2wd over low2wd?

I never stop to shift mine.

I love mine :D

Not toyota case tho.

I think ALOT of folks see the pros run twin sticks and dont understand the difference between a case that can shift front and rear seperatley as compared to the worthless toy twin stick whick offers no performance gain. But it adds about 28 GP (gadget power)

Does anyone know if the long slip drive line will work with my w56 and duals on my 83 yota? Will it be long enough? For the front.

Twin sticks let you put a single case in Low2wd.

Dual cases let you put one case in LOW and the other case in 2wd with stock shifters.

How would twin sticks on a dual setup offer any advantage?

Lets just say.. Some one put some big wide tires on a Toyota and steering would be much easyer and still would be able to keep it slow..

Lets just say.. Some one put some big wide tires on a Toyota and steering would be much easyer and still would be able to keep it slow..

I dont need that extra stick. I have wider tires than you. You a girly man that needs powa sterrin? :corn:

OK let me reword that. Has anyone used it with duals or is that just for a single case with a lifted rig. Just learning here.

Well the dual case is going to add about 6 inches (GorT).

So unbolt your fornt shaft and pull it out 6 inches. Record the amount of splines. Then pull it all the way out and see how much spline was left inside the slip. If it falls apart at 7 or 8 inches I would be worried, if it makes it out to say ten or twlve. maybe.

get it?

Latest posts