• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota Spring question

rigimortis rex

I am going to install chevy 63"ers in the rear of my truck this weekend, and am working on a solid axle conversion. i was planning on using second gen rear leafs for the front of my truck, but now i am wondering if anyone has used third gen rears up front on a conversion? i took some measurements and they are

51" long
the center pin sits 22" from the front.

any help would be awesome...

thanks!

yes sir! lots of people use the 51" rear set in the fronts of their rigs. They're reallly flexy because theyre so long. You just have to set it up so you have the axle in the proper position, as well as have the shackle farther back than a standard RUF setup. I'll try to find the thread on pirate. give me a min.:awesomework:

the center pin is 21.5" from the front... which is a quater inch more than the stock SA front leafs. the downside to these leafs is that they don't automatically move your front axle forward, because they are a longer spring, the center pin is subsequently farther from the front of the spring.

what hanger are you using? one from a kit? or one you are making yourself? either way it's desirable to move the axle as far forward as possible. set the spring hanger up so it moved the axle forward at least 3/4" of an inch, and redrill the perches for another 1.5" :awesomework:

If your going to use third gen springs then put somthing under the top three leaves. I have third gens in my truck and it has 4 wrangler leaves under the main toyota leaves.

i ran the 85 rear springs up front in my truck but it seemed every time i went out or at least ever other i bent them.. somthing to think about! but i was running just the rear pack minus the over load ( and always the passenger side? any one know why)