• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

TOYOTA TRAIL RACING CLASS ?

I think you should allow single resivoir shocks since this is racing and jumping and a rebuildable shock would be more cost effective in the long run. The triple bypass are just cheating on this type of class. Lol

With all that being said, I'd love to race in it, just not the right time for me. Probably would be a couple years.

If you want to keep it a low cost event for the average person. Set a price cap on the amount spent on mods and truck. We all know what it cost to build these trucks to race and run the trails we run. If you want to spend most that money on the engine then spend it there but the suspension would be closer to stock. Or run stock motor and build a bad ass suspension. It's just a thought. :dunno:

The rules are laid out. I don't really think they're looking for suggestions on rules. All other racing series has an outline and you build to compete. This one just makes it available for someone to compete on a budget. I'm down for it.

Sent from the mans IPhone.

My buddy Mike's truck would be perfect for this class, minus the front air bumps and 5th stud mod on the knuckle.

both are easily remedied though. booyang

TBItoy said:
My buddy Mike's truck would be perfect for this class, minus the front air bumps and 5th stud mod on the knuckle.

both are easily remedied though. booyang

I had actually gone back and forth that (4 stud) rule, with the cost dropping on 6 shooters and ease of 5th stud and the type of racing these rigs will be doing... The strength gained would actually be beneficial and low cost improvement. Certainly a negotiable point among actual "competitors" .. as it was with WEROCK F-toy class competitors (if all "competitors" agree to allow, we can look to modify this rule.)

as for the Air-bumps .... Daystar stingers fit nicely

Zman2day said:
I had actually gone back and forth that (4 stud) rule, with the cost dropping on 6 shooters and ease of 5th stud and the type of racing these rigs will be doing... The strength gained would actually be beneficial and low cost improvement. Certainly a negotiable point among actual "competitors" .. as it was with WEROCK F-toy class competitors (if all "competitors" agree to allow, we can look to modify this rule.)

as for the Air-bumps .... Daystar stingers fit nicely

I kinda wondered about the 6 shooter/5th stud rule.

5th stud is virtually a free mod, so I definitely think it should be allowed.

6 shooters also, because hell, if you are going to allow any aftermarket housing or lockers or birfs, then 6 shooters should be fine too. They don't make it any "less Toyota" in my view.

I was thinking a piece of tube with a cushy bumpstop on the end would be an easy swap for an air bump.

I've raced these stock trucks with regular shocks. Tunable shocks make them so much faster and less violent. Before I upgraded I used to crash a lot more :driving: The jumps are crowd pleasers and the best part of this class IMO. I vote for re-valvable shocks. Its the one part of a Toyota truck that I think isn't almost "ready to go"

Dynamite Design said:
I've raced these stock trucks with regular shocks. Tunable shocks make them so much faster and less violent. Before I upgraded I used to crash a lot more :driving: The jumps are crowd pleasers and the best part of this class IMO. I vote for re-valvable shocks. Its the one part of a Toyota truck that I think isn't almost "ready to go"

I agree and love my tunable shocks... but want to keep the class attainable to the trail wheeler/future racer. Lets keep things simple now.... see how many RACERS show up and discuss.

Glad to see tire size is not cut down to 37s and under.
therefore my truck meets all specs.

And Marc, I still have the beadlocks. Definitely gonna have to keep them on the truck for this!

I wonder if drive flanges are ok? Probably means I'd have to ditch my Chebby leafs in the back.

Jcampbell54 said:
I wonder if drive flanges are ok? Probably means I'd have to ditch my Chebby leafs in the back.

Rules don't say anything about flanges vs hubs. (that would be a stupid rule to have anyway)

Chevy leaf springs are the same style suspension as OEM Toyota (fixed on one end, shackle on the other), so that is OK too.

Worros said:
Glad to see tire size is not cut down to 37s and under.
therefore my truck meets all specs.

And Marc, I still have the beadlocks. Definitely gonna have to keep them on the truck for this!

Figure no reason to limit tire size... some trucks work better with taller tires and others with smaller...

I still get first dibs on them back if you want to sell....lol ;D

TBItoy said:
Rules don't say anything about flanges vs hubs. (that would be a stupid rule to have anyway)

Chevy leaf springs are the same style suspension as OEM Toyota (fixed on one end, shackle on the other), so that is OK too.

:dblthumb:

Jacobmc said:
I'm currently building a f-toy with a 4.3 would this be allowed?

This class requires keeping 4cyl motor 20,21,22r re or combo 20/22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk