• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Toyota Truggy "The Gremlin" SOLD

Re: Toyota Truggy "The Gremlin"

I have followed this rig around Golden Mountain a few times, and this thing just works. If I needed a rig, I would be all over it :****:

dwa2469 said:
I have followed this rig around Golden Mountain a few times, and this thing just works. If I needed a rig, I would be all over it :****:

Thanks, it's a decent going rig. Doesn't really bounce or act funny, sits low and is plenty stable. Ideally I'd regain the motivation to work on it... put coil overs on the front, link the rear (already have the parts), and get some 37 Red labels for it, and paint it.

But then again, the thought of spending another $3000 on it plus actually doing the work... :-X

TBItoy said:
Thanks, it's a decent going rig. Doesn't really bounce or act funny, sits low and is plenty stable. Ideally I'd regain the motivation to work on it... put coil overs on the front, link the rear (already have the parts), and get some 37 Red labels for it, and paint it.

But then again, the thought of spending another $3000 on it plus actually doing the work... :-X

Whats the hold up?

kmcminn said:
Whats the hold up?

Getting old I guess. The thought of spending thousands of dollars and lots of hours working on a personal project/hobby that doesn't benefit my family is a really hard to justify. This is also the first time in my life I've had a decent savings in the bank and I want to keep it that way. Also working at getting everything paid off, started an IRA, 529 account for the boy, etc.

Next rig I have will be a legitimate buggy. Might be 5 years. Might be 10.

I can't believe that you still have it.Holidays have slowed your sale.

You ever get the timing sorted?

lowbudgetjunk said:
You ever get the timing sorted?

In short, No.

I'm not sure that there is actually an issue with the cam/cam timing. When I started looking into it more, I noticed the little breather cap on the distributer cap was missing, pulled the cap and there was evidence of dirty water in the cap (was pouring rain at the hardline ride at GMP), also the pickup was crusty and had about 1/8" gap (supposed to have .020-.040" I think). SO, I think the timing/high rpm issue I've been fighting might have been shitty ignition problems all along.

I DO think that installing an adjustable cam gear and properly timing the cam to the crank would be beneficial, because the head was shaved when it was rebuilt. I had originally planned to buy an aftermarket head with oversize valves and a "torque" cam, but I cheaped out and just had the stock head reman'd. The bottom end is fresh, .040 over, crank turned and polished, etc

TBItoy said:
Nah just a bicycle

Lol I have a huffy with very low miles only used once :****: congrats on the sale

kevinhumphrey said:
Did the sale go through got a friend that is interested

It's still on, CarolinaCrawler is coming to get it next weekend. He needed to come up on a weekend and I have been out of town on the weekends

It's supposed to be picked up the 21st. I'll post it sold or still available then