• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota TS T-Case Gaskets

mike d

I just took apart my t-case to inspect the internal parts, and all looks good. I need a gasket kit asap. My question is does anyone know where to get a gasket kit same day for this case. I called toyota and they said they could order one, and i blew my opportunity to get one before the weekend. :mad: Or can i just use some gasket glue and call it good?

For the love of all that is holy don't gasket goo it all back together. Find a gasket kit please. I will sleep better. :booo:

Lots of Yota cases are put together using silicone, and seem to not leak if sealed properly---I have seen what looks like an entire tube was used on one case-needless to say that one leaked!!! My preference in silicone/gasketmaker is called "The Right Stuff"-made by Permatex, NAPA sells it...:awesomework:

For the love of all that is holy don't gasket goo it all back together. Find a gasket kit please. I will sleep better. :booo:

Oh ****, should I even be stating this??? :D I do agree (with Train..):D that gaskets make the job look more professional, but if done right, there is nothing wrong with using the right type of silicone in the right proportion...

My friend is a trany builder and his advice was, gasket's fail all the time and silicone dosen't. I siliconed mine with black RTV and thrash the hell out of my rig, everything on my peice of crap leaks except for my cases.

Thanks for the feedback i think i know which route im going. Im going to goo this thing up and see how it does, otherwise rebuild my spare and order a kit for that one.

Please keep in mind the gallon size tube of goo is not needed.

Those are machined case faces. A TINY amount will do. But a nice even smallish bead of sealent would be recomended, just for S&G.

Yes, use a VERY thing coating of silicone stuff (I use GM's GMS). And if you want it to look good scrape the excess off :awesomework:

Thanks for the advice, Im glad i can put this back together and not have to wait tell after the weekend to order a kit.

When you guys form your beads with the gasket glue do you let it tack up a bit then slide your housing over and then torque to spec. Or just bead and bolt?

When you guys form your beads with the gasket glue do you let it tack up a bit then slide your housing over and then torque to spec. Or just bead and bolt?

As Crash stated, set a very thin bead, as in 1/16" tall or so, then just put the pieces together & torque---The Right Stuff" requires no tack time....:awesomework: and X2 on cleaning up the excess if you want it to look clean when done torqueing....:awesomework:

as crash stated, set a very thin bead, as in 1/16" tall or so, then just put the pieces together & torque---the right stuff" requires no tack time....:awesomework: And x2 on cleaning up the excess if you want it to look clean when done torqueing....:awesomework:

bingo!

Lots of Yota cases are put together using silicone, and seem to not leak if sealed properly---I have seen what looks like an entire tube was used on one case-needless to say that one leaked!!! My preference in silicone/gasketmaker is called "The Right Stuff"-made by Permatex, NAPA sells it...:awesomework:
same stuff we use, works good.:awesomework:

but, when i did my dual cases, i just reused the old original gaskets. there wasnt anything wrong with it.
well, actually i used the gasket marlin supplied, for the adapter, but i completely dissassembled both cases, to clean, and check everything. reused THOSE gaskets.