• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota TS T-Case Parts

mike d

I took my t-case apart in search of a odd noise i suspected was coming from there, all looks good. No metal shavings no worn teeth. What parts do you guys running these see failing first. Bearings, Sleeve bearings? My problem is im running Chevy 4L60E, downey adapter to Toyota topshift, im getting this violent noise coming from the t- case when letting off the gas a moderate speeds. I thought maybe my case was bad, so i found another one just to swap in and see if the noise would be there, thats the one i took apart and everything seemed to be up to par, well needless to say same noise. Is there a chance that both my cases have a worn common part that failed. The downey adapter plate is supposed to hold this set of bearings, and i swear when i let off the gas they slip forward just a hair causing this odd noise at high coasting speeds. Any thoughts or anyone running this same combination out there have this problem.

IF it is a new noise and yo havent changed anything you shouldng have that much trouble.

BUt i had a truck and spent a long time trying to figure out what was wrong ... never did and sold it after replacing the rearend rebuilt the driveline. it came down to i think the idiot who set up the lift ****ed up the angles and it vibrated violently right as you took your foot off the gas when cruising..... if you had your foot on it is was ok... with a slight vib.... take your foot completely off and it vivbrated a little worse....... but if you held your foot on the gas a tiny tiny bit it would shake the whole truck like you were about to blow a u joint and made a horrible noise........... it also shook hard for just a second as you transitined from gas on to gas off.

IF it is a new noise and yo havent changed anything you shouldng have that much trouble.

BUt i had a truck and spent a long time trying to figure out what was wrong ... never did and sold it after replacing the rearend rebuilt the driveline. it came down to i think the idiot who set up the lift ****ed up the angles and it vibrated violently right as you took your foot off the gas when cruising..... if you had your foot on it is was ok... with a slight vib.... take your foot completely off and it vivbrated a little worse....... but if you held your foot on the gas a tiny tiny bit it would shake the whole truck like you were about to blow a u joint and made a horrible noise........... it also shook hard for just a second as you transitined from gas on to gas off.

This describes my problem exactly. The only reason, im sure it was coming for my t-case is i have a big ass whole in my floor were my old shifter was, so i really can hear it and feel it on my case. Like you were saying about drive angles, could this transition the noise up into my case from my angles being out of wack. I know my angles are pretty jacked right know untill i build a custom cross member support?

I think i need to start with my cross member and get my drive angle dialed in instead of taking apart t-case after t-case, and doing it ass backwards:mad:
Learning Curve

Last edited:
Like I said i got the truck with a bad engine and wasnt told about any vib problems...

The rear end was warn out......... and so was the dl....... but after rebuilding the rear end with new bearings and stuff by a professional..... and having driveline northwest rebuild the dl it was better......... but still not good.

Now here is the kicker why i think it was angles...... JUST before the engine blew....... the transmission which was an automatic...... CRACKED IN HALF all the way around the belly in the middle...... in the center of the pan all the way around to center of pan...... Why did this happen?

But more important the trans that was in the truck had litterally 30 miles on it from Nix 99. He had replaced the cracked one with it just before blowing the motor and selling it to me.

The vib problem was old because of the wear done to the dl which looked to only be a year old or so...... and how trashed the front bearing was in the rear diff....... so with a new trans it still vibed.

Anyways angles are SUPER important.

PS I put that truck up on jack stands blocked both front tires and droped 'er in drive and mashed the throttle........ what a sight....... it almost shook the truck off the stands..... you could see the tail of the trans going up and donw a half inch same with the front of the diff........ man that driveline danced. scary shiite:mad:

Good luck
:corn:

Last edited:
Definitely check from the rear diff all the way up. I swore I was having some transfer case issues as it sounded like it was right there but it turned out to be the rear end going to hell on me