• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota Winshield/Cab Questions

hoss250

Had a small problem at Moon Rocks at got a chip in the windshield. Novus cant do anything. Anybody know a glass shop, hopefully Tacoma/ Puyallup area, that can get a little creative. I think I may have to push the a pillar corner up a little, maybe with a porta power. I have no idea how much play there is in the fitment of the windshield. Im open to ideas, but I want to retain the cab and glass for now. A cab swap is more motivation than I have right now. Sorry for the pics being rotated, using a new computer.

Last edited:
A good local glass guy should be able to help with that...hell just pull that corner out a Lil....flatten the roof,and corner a Lil, a block of wood and hammer,try and give it its lines back some..its not that bad..also let the glass guy know your not looking for perfect.

I rolled a 92 mustang bad once,took my engine hoist a chunk of c-channel and pulled the whole drivers side door frame back up..straightened the pillar as best I could by sight....took it into the local Lil glass shop....guys laughed but they got windshield in.on the one corner they used a Lil more of the sealant stuff you could see it built up a Lil...never leaked held fine for years...:awesomework:

Last edited:
Use a porta power and push that A-pillar out...done it several times. Take your time, you should be able to get it close enough to get another shield in...:awesomework:

Use a high lift if you dont have a portapower.

Put pressure on it and then "whack" it with a hammer. You will see it move a bit more and stay better after hitting it.

Use a high lift if you dont have a portapower.

Put pressure on it and then "whack" it with a hammer. You will see it move a bit more and stay better after hitting it.

Yup, hit harbor freight for a glass removal kit to get it out and follow chop shops advice. It's best to have someone help you since you don't need a full click to get the sweet spot so a partner can hold the handle while you whack the kinks out of the cab.

Buggy that bitch,..
Tom at A&Z auto glass can fix you up with a windshield.. pm me if you need his number :awesomework:

Update

Finally getting around to updating this. I got some motivation, some friends(?), some beer, a high lift, a sledge hammer, and went to work. I was able to get the A pillar and cab corner pushed out enough to get a windshield back in, along with get the side/roof pushed up enough so that the door shuts under the drip rail instead of against it.

Tom from A to Z Mobile Auto Glass came by and gave be me some direction on what was needed to make the glass fit. He then came by a few days later to install the glass. He was helpful and is also a wheeler. I recommend him.

Pics in the first post are what we started with, and what we ended up with are here. Cant really tell it went on it side, nearly all of the dents were already there.

Last edited: