• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

track bar

It is the parallel 4 link, I think. It is in the way of the ram, Can I move it up and it still work?

If you're doing full hydro (I'm assuming so since you said DE ram) yeah I don't see why not. It's just there to keep the axle located. If you still have mechanical steering the track bar needs to be as parallel as possible to the drag link, and as close as possible to the same length to avoid bump steer.

My LJ has upgraded "1 ton" steering on a D30. The track bar has been moved up. It's parallel with the drag link, but a good bit shorter. The steering is a little sketchy on the road. It was that way when I bought it. I'm just living with it until I do the ton swap.

I am going to run a servo and keep the stock box. I am ready to put the ram on and the track bar is in the way. I guess i will raise it to go over the ram and keep it as long as possible. It is on the race jeep.

I am going to run a servo and keep the stock box. I am ready to put the ram on and the track bar is in the way. I guess i will raise it to go over the ram and keep it as long as possible. It is on the race jeep.
Keep the angles as close as possible and you'll be good.

If you haven't already, talk with John/Shawn Rants of MuddNutt Racing. They've been running servos for years so, assuming they are willing to share info, may be able to help some parts wise.

The drag link and track bar angles and lengths still need to match to prevent bumpsteer.

My drag link goes to my knuckle , attached to the high steer. There is no way i can get the track bar over there.

My drag link goes to my knuckle , attached to the high steer. There is no way i can get the track bar over there.
It doesn't have to attach there. They just need to be as close as possible to the same length and as parallel as possible. You'll likely have to move your frame side mount outside the frame rail using a bracket like this, or build your own.

https://barnes4wd.com/products/outside-frame-panhard-trackbar-mounting-bracket-1-4

Post some pictures of your front end so we can see what you're working with.

Latest posts