• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Traffic counter at Evans?

It is NOW!

tinfoil.jpg

i track spotted owns all year and i wheel up there all the time. i have never even heard one up there. or for that matter seen life up there in the winter.

Keep in mind that the "new" seasonal clouser is a wildlife habitat issue. They feel the animals are having a tough enough time in the winter without having to be disturbed by ORVs. There are some issues with erosion but mainly its the animals.

I would be interested to see the science behind this decision...

I don't believe I saw it in the documents...can you point me(us) in the right direction? I'd like to do some reading.

Hey boardbysled, as cute and amusing as that was how often you been to Evans in the winter? They are grasping at straws to keep us out. First the fish, then wildlife in general. Next the owl?! What's next, Bigfoot?

Erosion was the best reason they could have come up with. No real room to argue. Good land management and believable reason.

The land being private is kind of deceptive as well. It was owned by the state until they decided it was ok to sell it off to private companies. Every year more and more ground is exposed. I have pics showing the logging in the area that is more critical to animals then any ORV ever could be.

Big business will win over the private citizen every time.

Last edited:
I would be interested to see the science behind this decision...

I don't believe I saw it in the documents...can you point me(us) in the right direction? I'd like to do some reading.

Things I heard at the meetings along the way. Dont really know where to tell you to look in the documents but I believe that you can do a search if you use the online version from the FS. This feature has been available in the past.

Latest posts