• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Traffic counter at Evans?

Fordzuki

Zuk Hoarder
I was just up at Evans yesterday, and coming through the campgrounds I saw what looks like the traffic counters they put out on the roads. Now, I know the plan is for seasonal closures, but I guess what I'm wondering is, if they see enough traffic up there this winter, will they consider leaving it open next? :corn:

Keep in mind that the "new" seasonal clouser is a wildlife habitat issue. They feel the animals are having a tough enough time in the winter without having to be disturbed by ORVs. There are some issues with erosion but mainly its the animals.

Keep in mind that the "new" seasonal clouser is a wildlife habitat issue. They feel the animals are having a tough enough time in the winter without having to be disturbed by ORVs. There are some issues with erosion but mainly its the animals.

What wildlife :eeek: I've spent weeks up there every winter and I don't recall ever seeing anything bigger than a chipmunk up there :haha:

I understand that, I was just wondering why they'd go through the trouble of tracking traffic.

360-825-6585 ask for Bob Pacific

What wildlife :eeek: I've spent weeks up there every winter and I don't recall ever seeing anything bigger than a chipmunk up there :haha:

Now see this just proves that you dont understand the way the FS and fish and wildlife work. :haha: There dosent actualy need to be any animals there just the potential for them. Using this logic millions of acres of FS land have been closed because of critters that have never been seen there. Its just that the area may look like someewhere they might like to live :booo:

Now see this just proves that you dont understand the way the FS and fish and wildlife work. :haha: There dosent actualy need to be any animals there just the potential for them. Using this logic millions of acres of FS land have been closed because of critters that have never been seen there. Its just that the area may look like someewhere they might like to live :booo:

So sad, but 100% true.

360-825-6585 ask for Bob Pacific

Kinda like the spotted owl lies that shut down a lot of forestry operations :mad:

well see this proves you need to be locked out of evens in the winter if you weren't up there scaring all the animuls away there would be animuls there...

Just be glad we dont live in the NE corner of the state where we might have grizzley bears and wolverenes and oh yea wolves :rolleyes: