• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trail Air...

Kauaibuilt47

Who runs what?

I was thinking about picking up a power tank or source tank system. Im not gonna do the York mod to the engine (S10's have no room in there as it is).

How do the CO2 tank systems compare to compressor/tank systems? What compressors do you guys run?

IF I decide to go w/ powertank/source where has the best prices? I would rather buy local (support the local businesses) than over the internet.

Thanks.....

Powertank.

Only downside is that you have to re-fill it but way better than any on board compressor unless you have some industrial 2 stage pump and an AC generator strapped to your shizzy :redneck:

I use co2. Go to your local welding store and get a Co2 bottle and regulator its way cheaper plus you can get larger sizes my tanks last a couple of months or about 6 or 7 trips plus its only $18.25 to refill it.

Kauaibuilt47 said:
Who runs what?

I was thinking about picking up a power tank or source tank system. .....

save yourself some moeny and buid your own.... you can buid a 10# system for about $100.00. i pay $11.00 for refill @ air gas

*i run a thomas 12v as a back, Co2 primary

2pwrlftrs4u said:
save yourself some moeny and buid your own.... you can buid a 10# system for about $100.00. i pay $11.00 for refill @ air gas

*i run a thomas 12v as a back, Co2 primary

Where, other than a welding supply store - or is that where youre talking about. Im gonna head into tacoma today to look up a shop or two.

fire extuinguisher store/supplier

i paid 50.00 for the used 10lb tank (full)

25.00 ebay regulator (was gonna buy a better one but this one has lated 3yrs so far)

10.00 @ lowes/home depot for air hose/chuck/fittings

25.00 for the heavy duty mounting bracket

2pwrlftrs4u said:
fire extuinguisher store/supplier

25.00 for the heavy duty mounting bracket

Have any pics of this bracket, I'm looking for one to support a 5# extinguisher? or, did you see any brackets there for 5# extinguishers?

zip said:
Have any pics of this bracket, I'm looking for one to support a 5# extinguisher? or, did you see any brackets there for 5# extinguishers?

here is what i have... i got mine at a local store and got a good deal on it. i dont see one for a 5lb. if you wanted to go to a 10 or 15, air gas told me they'd take a smaller tank and you pay for the Co2 that goes in the larger tank. i'd go to a 15 but it's too tall to fit where i have mine mounted... i'm too lazy to relocate the bracket.

http://www.go2marine.com/product.do?no=65036F

65036F-p.jpg

The only place in the seattle area that fills (not exchanges) CO2 tanks is Fire King over in west seattle area. If I were to do it again, I'd just buy the reg and get a generic tank that I could exchange.

I'm running a stock ac compressor w/ 2.5 tank...it gets the job done but I am still trying to find a way to mount a 210 under the hood.

i work at pepsi, so co2 tanks are easy to come by. If you can, stop by one of the pepsi, or coke plants. thats close to you, set-up an account, i know here we charge like, 20$ for the first bottle, (10$ of which is a deposit on the tank) and then when its empty take it back and get another for 10$. I know they have co2 cause thats what they use to power the soda fountains, Just dont try and take it to a welding shop, (oxarc, etc.) They wont fill it, and automatically call the plant where it came from to see if it stolen or not.

You get ALOT of air out of them, on one tank i can, air-up 4 38" tires, from 2lbs to about 25lbs, about 7 or 8 times, give or take, depending on how often i use the impact gun.

Thanks....Bought one today from a tacoma welding shop. $160 for 20# tank and first fill (compared to $550 or something for 10# power tank). I wanted a 10-15 pounder but they only had 5 and 20 so.....

Anybody got a regulator theyre not using? :)

dr drae said:
The only place in the seattle area that fills (not exchanges) CO2 tanks is Fire King over in west seattle area. If I were to do it again, I'd just buy the reg and get a generic tank that I could exchange.

Central Welding in Lynnwood on Hwy 99 fills while you wait.

As for mounting brackets, check out the SCUBA tank brackets as that's what I'm using.

I run a York, since it came on my motor. Have a 7 gallon tank behind the rear seat I can pull out and use as a portable if I need to. At idle, the York fills the tank to 120psi in about 45 seconds. I can air up a set of 35s from 5psi to 20psi in about 30 seconds per tire. Runs a 1/2" Impact all day. :redneck: