• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trail Air...

i'm contemplating both. one of my buddies showed me what to get at the welding store, to build my own power tank. which is only a 100 bucks or less in materials. it'd be nice to have, so no matter which vehicle i bring, i'll have air. but i'd like a solid mount unit in my toyota... so i'll probably get both.

Last edited:
I say go PowerTank. 10 lbs. When you aint wheelin... you can use it as a keg tap. :;

Last edited:
Well if not PowerTank, make one. It can be done fairly cheap. Refilling aint that bad of a chore...

I did it with a chain drive (#40 chain) I just cut down the clutch hub and welded the sprocket to that. I use a regular air comp. switch that feeds a starter relay to kick the motor on and off. It works GREAT! this is the 2nd one I have made.
I will post some pics of it in the morning.

I did it with a chain drive (#40 chain) I just cut down the clutch hub and welded the sprocket to that. I use a regular air comp. switch that feeds a starter relay to kick the motor on and off. It works GREAT! this is the 2nd one I have made.
I will post some pics of it in the morning.

PICS!!!

:hi::hi::hi::hi:

I found this http://www.dv-innovations.com/products/mf_50.htm at the Shoreline costco today $50.00.

Max working psi 120. Says it will run 40 min @40psi. Took my tire from 20 to 30 psi in about 15 seconds. Comes with a case, hose, and battery connectors. We'll have to see how it holds up. Not bad for $50.00 :redneck:

EDIT: found this comparison with the QuickAir2 http://www.gearinstalls.com/pepboys.htm

talk to skicofab. 0-20psi in 4 minutes on a 38" tsl....it set the bead:awesomework: ill be purchasing 2. 1 for the trail rig, 1 for the tow rig

talk to skicofab. 0-20psi in 4 minutes on a 38" tsl....it set the bead:awesomework: ill be purchasing 2. 1 for the trail rig, 1 for the tow rig

thats a fact. i got one, and figured i'd give it a whirl on my 38. i pulled the core and let the rim hit the ground. hooked it up and it took under 4 minutes to go from 0-20 psi. it is a single cylinder compressor, impressive. although, that's just tires. if you want to run tools, yorks the way to go. does anyone run tools off of a toyota a/c compressor?

I got my York 210 and the 2.5gal tank up and running today. That damn thing pumps like a rabbit in heat. :sommer: I like it :cheer:

thats a fact. i got one, and figured i'd give it a whirl on my 38. i pulled the core and let the rim hit the ground. hooked it up and it took under 4 minutes to go from 0-20 psi. it is a single cylinder compressor, impressive. although, that's just tires. if you want to run tools, yorks the way to go. does anyone run tools off of a toyota a/c compressor?
I don't know about the older toy compressors but my taco compressor doesn't quite have the juice to run an impact...It will run off the tank for a little bit but runs out of air quick and the compressor can't keep up

IIRC the new R134a systems run @ a lower pressure than the old R12 systems did. So I bet the new compressors are not as hot as the old R12 models weir. You're Taco would be R134a for sure.