• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trail-gear gears...

i think the tg tcase gears are TG, and the diff gears are a variety of different brands. most people say they are yukon, but i've heard otherwise. I wish i had my 5.29 set with me, i'd let you know what it had stamped on the side. i cant remember.

I've been told they are crappy to setup by my diff guy, they've done lots of them so I trust his opinion. Patterns are all over the place, good in one spot bad in another.

I have bought a few batches of gears from trail gear, the first batch was yukons, because they were waiting for their overseas shipment and did,nt want to not have anything in stock.
The last couple of orders have been their gears that are made in china or wherever and have set up very nice, no worse than yukon, genuine or anyone else.
Just my expierience.

i think ther like persision gears or somthing.
they are a pain to set up,id buy yukons,only reason i have TG gears is i needed them now and they were just down the street

they are a pain to set up,id buy yukons,only reason i have TG gears is i needed them now and they were just down the street

Precision is quality stuff, you won't find that at TG. :haha:

I think you are thinking genuine gear, X2 for precision being good stuff. TG was selling youkon but like was said before that was just to fill orders until their cheapo china gears or whatever came in.

I think you are thinking genuine gear, X2 for precision being good stuff. TG was selling youkon but like was said before that was just to fill orders until their cheapo china gears or whatever came in.

you are right,that is what i was trying to think of.

http://www.nitro-gear.com/ring-pinions/

2 year warranty. and there are more toyota applications than anyone else period.

I am a customer of yours (bought a Nitro 5.13 Dana 60 set the other day and liking them so far), but draggin up a 1.5 year old thread to pimp your gears is pretty darn close to scamming. I think vendors contributing technical data is awesome, but its not like we were asking about nitro gears.

Lol yah thats lame. I started reading the thread then noticed the dates... :haha:

i was reading it, then saw my own posts in it and was like "wtf? where'd this come from?... i wasn't that drunk last night.. " then saw the date :haha:

then i saw skrause's post... what ever happened to that guy?

Chinese people are not good at making precision metal parts IMO. Aren't they still a communist country?