• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trail gear, What do you Think?

and some of them use the same foundries, etc that TG uses :haha:

and they all have better ethics then TG does:flipoff: .

then again some people do not care about that and are just concerned with saving a couple of dollars. I prefer not to buy from a company that like that but that is just me. If you want to buy from them go right ahead on and do it, no skin off my ass. Hell I do not and will not buy from most of them anyway any more except Bobby since I will no longer run toy stuff in my rig (after this winter:fawkdancesmiley: )) . Toy stuff is great but I guess that I am pushing it past where it is reliable and am stepping up stronger products.

Like I said I'd rather use marlin but what are you supposed to do if he won't anwser the phone or e-mails ? I guess he doesn't want to sell anything unless you see him in person.
Anybody with yukon gears is using parts made in India

and they all have better ethics then TG does:flipoff: .

then again some people do not care about that and are just concerned with saving a couple of dollars. I prefer not to buy from a company that like that but that is just me. If you want to buy from them go right ahead on and do it, no skin off my ass.

Trail Gear is no different than Walmart, Summit, Costco, Jegs, Amazon.com, etc. They all sell products to make money. Still buying milk from the local dairy?

India.:haha:

Exactly my point :haha:

Pretty difficult now days to buy anything that is 100% made in america.

When I worked at Fastenal, 95% of products sold were not american made. The bolts holding your links together? Canada at best, but more than likely China.

I can now say that I proudly sell products made in US factories which is nice, but I'm sure there is some component in the product that is made outside the US.
:stirpot:

All I was trying to say was if I can not get ahold of someone to get either something fixed or tech questions ansewered Why would I even consider using their product..It sounds to me that marlin is lacking in their custumer service so I would go somewhere else to spend my hard earned money..And that's my two cents worth..grumpy

i ordered everything that is on my truck (excluding winch and bumper) from TG. $3200 order got to me in 4 days, with about $75 of free schwag :cool:. excellent customer service, and i havent had a complaint yet.:cheer:

Exactly my point :haha:

Pretty difficult now days to buy anything that is 100% made in america.

When I worked at Fastenal, 95% of products sold were not american made. The bolts holding your links together? Canada at best, but more than likely China.

I can now say that I proudly sell products made in US factories which is nice, but I'm sure there is some component in the product that is made outside the US.
:stirpot:

Well ALL of our parts are made in Rockford Illinois. Trail Gears was made in China. Yes they are cheeper and fast, They are very good at copying other people stuff. Sorry but you asked.

Last edited:
I don't know when you guys try to call Marlin Crawler, but I've called Marlin's shop a dozen times with ?'s in the last few weeks and I get through the first call! Got put on hold once for about 3 minutes, long enough to know the hold music is from a old style video game! And all my orders were here in 2 days!

God I had being put on hold...

ya i hate being put on hold to:flipoff:

i personally order from both Marlin and TG but i seam to get ahold of TG more so than Marlin... i have had very bad luck with getting ahold of MC. I don't know if they are to busy building cool ****... or none of them like to answer the phone:eeek:

what ever it is... custom service is KEY

I don't know when you guys try to call Marlin Crawler, but I've called Marlin's shop a dozen times with ?'s in the last few weeks and I get through the first call! Got put on hold once for about 3 minutes, long enough to know the hold music is from a old style video game! And all my orders were here in 2 days!

Dunno man... I've left two messages for CJ and sent him 1 email and haven't heard back yet earlier this week. I sent him the part to exchange out anyway, so hopefully he calls me back :eeek:

He is working with me on swapping out my MC07 21 spline coupler for a 23 spline unit, so I am more than grateful that he is helping me out on it. Getting through on the phone however isn't easy. :redneck: