• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trail-Gear Winch Plate?

bigd9247

So I'm thinking about buying the trail-gear winch plate and building a tube bumper off of that... my question is this: if i buy the winch plate and bolt it on like it's made to, will that be strong enough to be used as a recovery point before i build the whole tube bumper? specifically, i'm planning to use the 2" receiver on the winch plate to hook a strap up and be pulled out if/when i get stuck. once the tube bumper is made, everything will be welded to the frame.

I don't see why not. The only thing I see being a problem is the fairlead is going to be in the way of the receiver...

front-winchmount-600.jpg

picture_560_124.jpg

Last edited:
huh wtf are you talking about they have steal hauwses for like $20 and I know a bunch of guy's that run them with their cable not rope:corn:

Same:eeek:

Dalton I think this is a way better route and you have way more options as far as bumper design and strength go!!! Alot better then modifying something else to work!!! I really think I am gonna go this route too!!! As soon as I get my bender we shouls spend a weekend and go to town:cool:

Last edited:
Same:eeek:

Dalton I think this is a way better route and you have way more options as far as bumper design and strength go!!! Alot better then modifying something else to work!!! I really think I am gonna go this route too!!! As soon as I get my bender we shouls spend a weekend and go to town:cool:

fawk yeah... i'll come over on a weekend and we'll bang out two tube bumpers

Last edited:
yeah i'll be using a hawse fairlead...

what i'm asking about though is if i can temporarily just use the winch plate receiver to be towed out before i build the rest of the bumper. i wanna get out on some trails and i can't build a bumper for atleast another couple weeks.

so basicaly, it will be bolted on by four bolts in the front crossmember... is that strong enough for being towed out (NOT winching)? until i can build a whole bumper and weld it all on.

yeah i'll be using a hawse fairlead...

what i'm asking about though is if i can temporarily just use the winch plate receiver to be towed out before i build the rest of the bumper. i wanna get out on some trails and i can't build a bumper for atleast another couple weeks.

so basicaly, it will be bolted on by four bolts in the front crossmember... is that strong enough for being towed out (NOT winching)? until i can build a whole bumper and weld it all on.

should be depending on where your mounting the towbar too..

Sure it is. Let me know when you get stuck and have to be yanked out, I'll bring the video camera. :aah: :popcorn: :haha: :haha: :haha: