• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trail Of Tears '87 Toy Build

i think this should be awarded "Slowest Build EVER!"

j/k dude, looking good.

ahahah yea no kidding. it's true. it should speed up here pretty soon, though. you'll see. i lack tools and time right now, but I spend about every weekend blowing up cutoff discs on sheets of 1/4". Spring break is soon, I hope to get a lot done then.

Ooooh my tax return is soon too... then I'll have most of what I need for this build. :stirpot:

Thats why im thinking im gonna wait till i get most of the parts i need before i start posting my build, other wise i think mine would win:D Looks good though!

Thats why im thinking im gonna wait till i get most of the parts i need before i start posting my build, other wise i think mine would win:D Looks good though!

Mig'dHorse has been collecting parts for atleast a year and half......:stirpot:

But atleast he is getting it right the first time!

the axle looks good man:cool: , you should box in your spring perches:awesomework: :beer:

good idea. i'll do that in when i fill in the steering stops. :awesomework:

Mig'dHorse has been collecting parts for atleast a year and half......:stirpot:

But atleast he is getting it right the first time!

for sure man. ill give you a call once i finish this housing. it's all glory from there on out.:awesomework: he's right, i have pretty much everything i need to make it happen. just some 17's and a few other small things, and some elbow grease will get this thing rollin!

Im a year of slacking ahead of you......I have you beat....youll never catch up.:haha: :haha:

ya you beat me. though i bought this thing with the build in mind starting in feb '05. after i rolled it a few months later i pretty much concluded that it was destined for the trails from there on. it's a beater now, so i might as well finish what i started. i owe it to the old rig.

poser shot of my wanna-be crash welds. i'm not worthy.:kissmybutt:

Attachments

• GUSSET WELD.jpg
    GUSSET WELD.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 437
oh by the way... anyone gotta good way of clearancing knuckle balls for longs without buying a die grinder? i've been looking for a way out, but i think i might just have to buck up for one.

oh by the way... anyone gotta good way of clearancing knuckle balls for longs without buying a die grinder? i've been looking for a way out, but i think i might just have to buck up for one.

i have a die grinder you can borrow man, let me know if you need a hand with anything.:beer:

too bad i cant keep it at this stance with leafs and stock width toy axles.:booo: uh, someday maybe. just a pic to forge a false idea of progress.:awesomework: Nothing really going on here. This is the last week of normally scheduled school, so i was too busy this weekend doing homework to go home and work on the axle.:mad:

Attachments

• YOSTANCE.jpg
    YOSTANCE.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 496
with the help of MockKnight, I got my tires mounted today! love the powder coated black steelies wrapped up by the rock spiders.:cheer:

now i have to keep pushing along. school has been such a bitch for me lately. i hate it. the front axle is giving me hell on assembly. nothing seems to go together right, and i'm a noob at putting the front end together.

if anyone could help me out this weekend i'd love that... and i'll supply plenty of the finest ales you could possibly ever wish for. no, not fat tire... even better.:haha: :awesomework: