• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

trail status

BUILTnotBOT

if you have Facebook a good thing is joining the - CLE ELUM OFF ROAD TEAM - page. They're pretty consistent involving trail info but FROM WHAT I'VE FOLLOWED are not as informative involving the NACHES area.

I called the Cle Elum FS last week and they thanked me for letting them know their website was MONTHS out of date and changed everything to closed... That said, don't call Naches and just go off what the website says :awesomework:

Note: The yearly seasonal closure has taken place more than a month early this year. As of yesterday 2/25/15 all Motorized trails in at least the Naches Ranger District are closed unless posted open. The hardline opening date is o6/15/2015. I believe the closure extends to the entire Okanogan/Wenatchee National Forest, but I have not read the order.

Where is this info available at?

If this is the case they need to update their site. Everything is still open according to the interweb

Why are the trails closed? Its been a dry winter. Trees blocking the trails or quiet time so birds can mate?

Naches Ranger District
Support Services Supervisor Francisca Voelker, (509)-653-1401
Naches Ranger District Front Office, (509) 653-1401
For immediate release: February, 24, 2015

Naches Motorized Trails Closed For Public Safety and Resource Protection

Naches â€" A Forest Order went into effect on February 24, 2015 to prohibit use of all motorized vehicles on any National Forest system trail within the Naches Ranger District closure area.

It was determined that an emergency closure order was necessary due to the unprecedented early season snow melt period. “This year presented a unique situation,†said Naches District Ranger Kelly Lawrence. “These sections of trail are usually covered in heavy snow at this part of the year and the early snow melt has made them extremely vulnerable to resource damage.â€

Forest Service Officials and members of the public have monitored trail conditions and have recommended the closure based on the deep rutting and erosion caused by tires on motorized vehicles when the ground is soft and wet. This closure if effective as of February 24, 2015 and will remain in effect until terminated.

Francisca Voelker
Support Services Supervisor
Forest Service
Naches Ranger District
p: 509-653-1413
f: 509-653-2638
[email protected]

10237 HWY 12
Naches, WA 98937
www.fs.fed.us

Caring for the land and serving people

yep. all of this because a few people couldn't act responsibly and tore the living crap out of the trails a few years back. those are the real :puke:s

I won't :beatdeadhorse: any more but It just sucks being locked out of public lands.... But on the flip side we might actually get to wheel up there Mem. weekend this year, in the dust, but i'll take it as a win either way