• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trails at Liberty

PawPrint

Heard that the trails at Liberty will be closed till middle of June? Anyone else hear this or just a rumor to keep attendance down because Naches area has a lot of snow?

that site is pretty vague, if that is true that really sucks I have a big trip planned with a **** load of people there for the 3rd through 8th of june.

that site is pretty vague, if that is true that really sucks I have a big trip planned with a **** load of people there for the 3rd through 8th of june.

i agree its vague. i'd give mikki a call when it gets a little closer to your trip.

Cle Elum Ranger District:
Mikki Douglass 509-852-1051

Last edited:
from what i read on the official site Liberty trails are closed until June 15 and in their words "even if we have a major melt off tommorow."

if i can bring up the link i will post it

fyi

Hey all,

Was surfing the web and found that the FS is closing the trails around Liberty until mid June. The reason for this is that there apparently is still too much snow over there. Here is a link to the web site where I found the information in case you are interested.

http://www.cleelumtrails.com/

There is a seasonal closure on some trails between October 15 and June 15. As to the extension of the closure to additional trails I am not sure but to be safe I would follow the suggestion already made and call Mikki at the Cle Elum Ranger District Office.

Karl VP you out there???? I would assume you might know some inside on this topic? I plan on callin Mikki as well on Friday, but more for the concern of Manastash... Are you and the Tamers going up to Riders Camp again this year? Or are you the group that is going to repair the trails from the winter? It's possible... possible that Manastash could be closed as well..... :booo:

Their website did not specify Liberty but said all of the Cle Elum trails, this includes the Buck meadows area and that side of Manastash ridge. It doesn't sound like there will be much wheeling on Memorial day weekend. :mad:

Tamers are going to Tillmaook. Long drive but the snow levels say it is what you need to do if you want to wheel. Besides I am sure there will be ice cream involved at some point. :D

Karl VP you out there???? I would assume you might know some inside on this topic? I plan on callin Mikki as well on Friday, but more for the concern of Manastash... Are you and the Tamers going up to Riders Camp again this year? Or are you the group that is going to repair the trails from the winter? It's possible... possible that Manastash could be closed as well..... :booo:

The Tamers are going to Tillamook. But the liberty area and Manashtash are all Mikki's jurisdiction. Funny/Moon are part of the Naches ranger district, NOT Cle Elum District.

There is a seasonal closure on some trails between October 15 and June 15. As to the extension of the closure to additional trails I am not sure but to be safe I would follow the suggestion already made and call Mikki at the Cle Elum Ranger District Office.

I will call just to make sure. thanks.

our group will be at liberty as always stop by and say hello. we camp in the the main meadow next to willams creek.