• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

transfer ID plates to WA plates

rockracer

So Im picking up a 1984 Bronco II on sunday and it has idaho plates on it. What do I have to do to get washington plates. Does it have to get inspected?

just take the registration/bill of sale/title, (whichever youve got) down, and transfer it into your name.
they'll give you new plates.

Crash is right. When Jason and I both bought our trucks in Texas, we no longer needed to get them inspected. Just take the paperwork in, pay a bunch of money, and viola! You get a new title and plates.

Crash is right. When Jason and I both bought our trucks in Texas, we no longer needed to get them inspected. Just take the paperwork in, pay a bunch of money, and viola! You get a new title and plates.

I think it's "Voila"... viola is a tiny violin like instrument. :redneck:

Anyway, no inspection needed... just take the signed title and bill of sale to the DOL and they will transfer it, give you new plates and new registration, and your new WA title will arrive in the mail in 4-6 weeks.

you like it, I stole it from you!!! :kissmyass:

thanks guys for all this info. Im glad I dont have to get it inspected.

Last edited:
Along with the title and bill of sale, they will want a weight if not in the computer.

The other thing is they will charge you tax, this will come off there computer and is probably WAY off. Make sure to bring a blue book (of any type) print off to prove it's worth less than 3K. If less than 3K they must charge you on what you paid for the rig. If they say it's worth 3K or more, they charge you on "car value" in there system. This means if you pay $500 for a rig and they say it's worth $3200, you pay tax on $3200.

And lastly, You WILL have to do a emissions test.

Not on this side of the state. :flipoff:

bobracing hit it right on the head.. Buuuut if you have a bill of sale stating the vehicle is in poor condition, has mechanical damage etc then the lowball price they'll leave it at that price for tax reasons. Without a statement of damage etc they'll jack the tax up big time.

Along with the title and bill of sale, they will want a weight if not in the computer.

The other thing is they will charge you tax, this will come off there computer and is probably WAY off. Make sure to bring a blue book (of any type) print off to prove it's worth less than 3K. If less than 3K they must charge you on what you paid for the rig. If they say it's worth 3K or more, they charge you on "car value" in there system. This means if you pay $500 for a rig and they say it's worth $3200, you pay tax on $3200.

You can also sign a "certificate of fact" if they value it more than you paid. Basically an affidavite that says it's not worth what they think and that you only paid "x" amount of $ for it.

yeh no e-tests over here.

but i dono about the tax deal. i transferred an old crusty ford last year. i PAID $300. but the guy put down $200(i think).
anyway, the lady said there was a MINIMUM she had to go with, based on the "value" in her little book. so i was taxed on $350...i think. the numbers might be a bit off, i dont remember the exact amounts.

but my 4runner i got was GIFTED to me! $25 to transfer it:fawkdancesmiley: