• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Transmission Cooler?????

KyTrash

I have been looking at Transmission Coolers. What are you using? I was looking at the ones with a fan and a thermostat. What the best for the money?

i'm try'n this cooler, with a fan and shroud.

259-13300.jpg

hopefully it will be enough, last cooler i had was a 6 pass w/ fan and it did alright but still got a little warmer than i'd like

the bigger the better in my opinion. It sucks to burn up transmissions and they are a pain to take in and out on most buggies. Griffin makes some nice tranny coolers along with Setrab, and PWR

If you have the room, go to junk yard and get one out of a 2005 up superduty powerstroke they are they biggest cooler you will find and cheap . They used 2 different sizes, a 22x17 and a 22x13 . They both have 1/2 inch tubes and are a plate design . I use the 22x13 in my 4000# jeep with a 3800 stall and a manual clutch fan set up and it stays about 200 all day . I paid 75$

wizzo said:
i'm try'n this cooler, with a fan and shroud.

259-13300.jpg

hopefully it will be enough, last cooler i had was a 6 pass w/ fan and it did alright but still got a little warmer than i'd like
Who's the manufacturer?

Well, I bought a cooler. Derale 13900, it has a fan and a thermal switch to turn it on and off. Thanks for the replies.