• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Truck campers

I have a Northland Polar 990 (10') I'm around 18.5-19K loaded, and get around 11 mpg on long trips

Misc002.jpg

That's what I figured. Only problem, most rear camper jacks aren't wide enough to clear the trailer, so you have to load the camper behind the jeep. Kinda a pain in the :kissmyass:

That's what I figured. Only problem, most rear camper jacks aren't wide enough to clear the trailer, so you have to load the camper behind the jeep. Kinda a pain in the :kissmyass:
I made 4" extensions for mine because my flatbed is 102" wide

DPF004.jpg

Here is a picture of my friends trailer with my wheeler on the truck . I am now looking for a camper to put on the truck and tow the wheeler on my trailer like the way Jaydog rolls.

Last edited:
Well it took a week longer than what I wanted but the bank finally came thru!!!
Wahoo!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I am getting a 2002 Adventurer 11' camper w/ slide, A/C, Generator, dry bath & tons of room plus a 28' TNT gooseneck trailer. Will have it by May 1 so yes it will be in Moab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well by next week I should have the camper mounted onto the trailer!!

IMGP1937.jpg

IMGP1938.jpg

IMGP1940.jpg

IMGP1942.jpg

Uh, how R U going to pull a gooseneck w/ a TC?

Mount the camper on the front of the trailer. Put Harley behind the camper and then load the Jeep.

Put the camper on the trailer, and tow the trailer...

Yep

Nope the camper is going to stay on the trailer full time. If I am going on a day run I have my flat bed.

And my old camper is up for sale now.
2000 S&S 8SC made for a short bed.
IMGP1672.jpg

IMGP1673.jpg

$7,500 obo

Last edited:
I have a Palomino, it's got a crank up top so there is less wind resistance, plus mine weighs less than 1,100 dry weight.

Then on Saturday I built a pedistal for the camper to sit on. It needed to be off the trailer deck by about 8" to clear the exhaust or so I thought.

IMGP1943.jpg

Not pretty but it does what I want/need.

IMGP1944.jpg

IMGP1945.jpg

And my helper taking a break.

IMGP1946.jpg

Last edited:
Then on Sunday I went down to where the camper was being stored. I had a plan and for once stuff worked the way I wanted it to. The front jacks had the swingouts for a dually truck. They JUST cleared the fenders.

IMGP1947.jpg

The rear how ever would not fit so I removed the jacks and used a floor jack with a old railroad tie and rolled that on the trailer. I even worked and the camper didn't fall over.!!

IMGP1948.jpg

IMGP1949.jpg

So nosed it forward and set it on the platform I had built. It worked out great!! I was just amazed at how well it worked.

IMGP1950.jpg

IMGP1951.jpg

IMGP1952.jpg

Got it home and realized that the front drivers side jack was in the way of the landing gear crank.

IMGP1953.jpg

So off the the front jacks. Don't need them anyhow the rears stablize it fine. Look at that back porch!!

IMGP1955.jpg

IMGP1957.jpg

And when it is all said and done I still got all kinds of room for my Jeep and Harley.

IMGP1959.jpg

Last edited:
hell yeah that's what I'm talking about lookin good:awesomework:
Only problem I see is that you need air bag's in the rear:fawkdancesmiley:

hell yeah that's what I'm talking about lookin good:awesomework:
Only problem I see is that you need air bag's in the rear:fawkdancesmiley:

Got bags for the rear, had to remove them because of the new hitch. Long story!! :mad: But they will be going back on soon.

Latest posts