• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trump for prez?

I don't agree with them all, but I agree with the stance on supporting the constitution.
I agree with more of those policies than those of current republicans and most definitely democrats.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
All I know is he bought into the legal pot farming business in Colorado as soon as it became legal :smoke:

I ****ing hate it when people say what you just said. My liberal professors say that **** all the time.

Pay attention everyone. Say it with me.

Marijuana is still illegal. It is not legal in any state in the union because it is still a federal crime. Just because the Feds are not doing their jobs currently doesn't make it legal.

Let's change the perspective for a second. If Alabama and Mississippi said that they were ok with the production, sale, and possession of machine guns starting tomorrow, it would still be against federal law. Would anyone be saying it was "legal"? Nope. Why? Because the Feds would be enforcing that law. But that doesn't change anything.

With that being said, I think it should be legal. Furthermore, I think that if the Feds are allowing it in Colorado, they should be legally prohibited from prosecuting anyone for marijuana crimes in any other districts. Either enforce the law or do away with it, but don't arbitrarily enforce it. That's crap.

Re:

creepycrawly said:
I ****ing hate it when people say what you just said. My liberal professors say that **** all the time.

Pay attention everyone. Say it with me.

Marijuana is still illegal. It is not legal in any state in the union because it is still a federal crime. Just because the Feds are not doing their jobs currently doesn't make it legal.

Let's change the perspective for a second. If Alabama and Mississippi said that they were ok with the production, sale, and possession of machine guns starting tomorrow, it would still be against federal law. Would anyone be saying it was "legal"? Nope. Why? Because the Feds would be enforcing that law. But that doesn't change anything.

With that being said, I think it should be legal. Furthermore, I think that if the Feds are allowing it in Colorado, they should be legally prohibited from prosecuting anyone for marijuana crimes in any other districts. Either enforce the law or do away with it, but don't arbitrarily enforce it. That's crap.
But but but...that's the democrat way!! You make the law irrelevant for so long so that when it comes up for being changed the people cheer and say "yayy look what you did, you changed the law to enforce what's been going on for years!! Good job!! We will now look the other way while you give yourself a raise!!! Oh hey, can I get some mo dat gubment free **** you been handing out???

Re:

99% of federal laws are bullshit. The only criminal laws that the Fed should be able to enforce/prosecute should be directly related to undermining the sanctity of the Union.

Willfully and purposefully violating these federal laws is a form of social disobedience. Kudos

Re:

TBItoy said:
99% of federal laws are bullshit. The only criminal laws that the Fed should be able to enforce/prosecute should be directly related to undermining the sanctity of the Union.

Willfully and purposefully violating these federal laws is a form of social disobedience. Kudos

Again, I don't disagree. But that doesn't make it "legal". Words mean things.

Re:

I imagine the feds are getting a kickback off the collected state marijuana taxes. I'm not sure on the whole legal side of the deal when it comes to federal and state law, but I know a couple years ago, an Alabama senator from Huntsville (forgot his name) proposes a bill that stated any and all federal firearms regulations, current and future, are considered to be null and void in the state of Alabama. In that particular situation, I'm glad states continue to pass laws like that.

Re: Re:

TBItoy said:

I agree 100%

No way in hell would I want one state or the federal government to be able to set any standard like that for all states to follow.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
I imagine the feds are getting a kickback off the collected state marijuana taxes. I'm not sure on the whole legal side of the deal when it comes to federal and state law, but I know a couple years ago, an Alabama senator from Huntsville (forgot his name) proposes a bill that stated any and all federal firearms regulations, current and future, are considered to be null and void in the state of Alabama. In that particular situation, I'm glad states continue to pass laws like that.

Yep, this is one of the things that rubs me. They are absolutely taking the revenue, knowing good and well where it comes from which is technically a crime. Garbage. But that's a whole different thread.

You guys should check out the documentary "high profits" on Netflix. It is actually really interesting to see the local politics behind the weed wars in Colorado. It's set in Breckenridge. Check it out.

Re:

Watched it and politics still make things difficult, even though the council members smoke themselves.

Spinoff to follow.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Re:

Shortbus said:
So... which of his stances do you guys most support? marriage, open borders, or military funding

Marriage- don't give a **** until they FORCE a real Christian pastor (and I say REAL because we have a ****** and hippie church in Knoxville) to perform a marriage against his will. Personally, shortbus, you can tell me, "I'm a unicorn!" I will say, uhhh, no... you're just a dude. Gays will say, "We're married!" I will say, uhhh, no... you're just two dudes plowing each others' back 40. I can exempt myself from your personal beliefs.

Open borders- it's already open. The laws on the books will stand, and either will or will not be enforced.

Military funding- I have been on the receiving end of this. $5,000 for a $500 projector? Come on now. If you ever want to get rich, sell something to the government, in particular the military.

I believe the Fed should get out of the marriage business all together and let each state decide, California seems to accept anyone.

I'd like to see immigration laws enforced and Fed not punish states that try to enforce the law. Some of the wasted military spending could go towards national security.

Yes, there's some questionable spending, but the military along with every other gov expense should be looked at line item by line item. I'd much rather see other areas thinned than a reduced military though.

It's taken a long time to get to where we are today and I know it's not going to change much faster, but I feel as a country a message has been sent to the political elitists, and I'd hate to concede that with a divided vote. Many on the right are okay with a dem victory because their candidate isn't in at the moment, it could still happen, if they have their way. Trump is by no means the perfect candidate, then again who really is, but would giving a dem the presidency change the republican party? I think not. Four years from now if the country is still here another stab at change could be attempted, but do we have that much time and what will have happened and be given up by then.

Also, I'd like to see if some of these, "I'm leaving the country if Trump is in", people actually leave. Then we'll have a lot better chance of taking things back in the right direction.

Shortbus said:
I believe the Fed should get out of the marriage business all together and let each state decide, California seems to accept anyone.

I'd like to see immigration laws enforced and Fed not punish states that try to enforce the law. Some of the wasted military spending could go towards national security.

Yes, there's some questionable spending, but the military along with every other gov expense should be looked at line item by line item. I'd much rather see other areas thinned than a reduced military though.

It's taken a long time to get to where we are today and I know it's not going to change much faster, but I feel as a country a message has been sent to the political elitists, and I'd hate to concede that with a divided vote. Many on the right are okay with a dem victory because their candidate isn't in at the moment, it could still happen, if they have their way. Trump is by no means the perfect candidate, then again who really is, but would giving a dem the presidency change the republican party? I think not. Four years from now if the country is still here another stab at change could be attempted, but do we have that much time and what will have happened and be given up by then.

Also, I'd like to see if some of these, "I'm leaving the country if Trump is in", people actually leave. Then we'll have a lot better chance of taking things back in the right direction.

Good point. I think the thing that would light a fire under the BIG(R)'s asses would be a Killary-46% Trump-28% Johnson-26%. Those muffhuckers share the same bed and toothbrush, and I'm goddamn sick of it.

5BrothersFabrication said:
Good point. I think the thing that would light a fire under the BIG(R)'s asses would be a Killary-46% Trump-28% Johnson-26%. Those muffhuckers share the same bed and toothbrush, and I'm goddamn sick of it.

I'm afraid that's where we could be headed. Yes, they've become one.

Shortbus said:
So... which of his stances do you guys most support? marriage, open borders, or military funding
I think having to get a "license" to get married is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard of on the state or federal level. License just means the state is taking a right and selling it back to you.

Open borders wouldn't be a problem if we fixed a bunch of other policies. People wouldn't be coming here for jobs if we didn't pay our own citizens to sit on their ass and not fill those jobs. I see it everyday in the trucking industry. The reason the truck stop is full of immigrants is because people are too lazy to get off their ass to even sit on their ass in a truck and get paid. Ending the wasteful war on drugs would go a long way to put the cartels in Mexico out of business just like alcohol prohibition put a hurting on organized crime here long ago. Take power away from the Cartels and Mexico wouldn't be such a **** hole to run away from.

We spend a crazy amount of money on our military every year and have an insane amount of bases scattered across the world that we pay for yet were not any safer and we lose more freedoms because we're more worried about the rest of the world then we are own actual national security. The founders warned us about entangling alliances and the danger it presents and we flat out ignore it.

There's a bunch of problems in this country that could be solved by simply reducing the size and role of government instead of creating more laws and growing the government.

When Johnson was the governor of New Mexico he vetoed around 750 bills that came across his desk because he they were just going to increase government spending and power. That's the kind of **** we need going on in the White House.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

onepieceatatime said:
I think having to get a "license" to get married is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard of on the state or federal level. License just means the state is taking a right and selling it back to you.

Open borders wouldn't be a problem if we fixed a bunch of other policies. People wouldn't be coming here for jobs if we didn't pay our own citizens to sit on their ass and not fill those jobs. I see it everyday in the trucking industry. The reason the truck stop is full of immigrants is because people are too lazy to get off their ass to even sit on their ass in a truck and get paid. Ending the wasteful war on drugs would go a long way to put the cartels in Mexico out of business just like alcohol prohibition put a hurting on organized crime here long ago. Take power away from the Cartels and Mexico wouldn't be such a **** hole to run away from.

We spend a crazy amount of money on our military every year and have an insane amount of bases scattered across the world that we pay for yet were not any safer and we lose more freedoms because we're more worried about the rest of the world then we are own actual national security. The founders warned us about entangling alliances and the danger it presents and we flat out ignore it.

There's a bunch of problems in this country that could be solved by simply reducing the size and role of government instead of creating more laws and growing the government.

When Johnson was the governor of New Mexico he vetoed around 750 bills that came across his desk because he they were just going to increase government spending and power. That's the kind of **** we need going on in the White House.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

:dblthumb:

joho75287 said:
I think it's a contested convention and Paul Ryan walks out with the nomination.... You may say far fetched, but I say it has already been written...
$10 bet anyone??
I would not be surprised if we still had a contested convention. Trump is already moving left and they haven't even had the convention yet.

Can they contest it now that he has the votes and delegates? I don't see how, and I think they know there would be a hard push back if someone else came out with the spot

The delegates don't "have" to vote for him at the convention. It's the will of the people according to the primary, but they get to place their vote, not the general population. It can still be contested if the GOP wants to contest it. That's why I think Paul Ryan will be on the ticket and Kel may owe me $10