• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trump for prez?

lowbudgetjunk said:
Free alcohol and gambling should be illegal, but so much fun.

Did I miss something in Michigan today? Heard it was something about a minister not wanting Trump to talk about politics or something.

It was at the flint water treatment place. Trump started trying about Hillary and the lady came out said your not here to talk politics just about the the water problem to the people

I'm surprised they let him out of the car up there in democommie land. Anything near Detroit is hardcore gimme my welfare check so.....

blacksheep10 said:
I'm of the opinion we need a Libertarian nut case, not sure Gary is a true Libertarian deep down. I know his VP pick isn't.

He is more of a dumbass/ nut case than a libertarian! His VP pick just proves what a dumb **** he is. He probably would've had a few more people look at him if it wasn't for his VP pick

pholmann said:
I'm surprised they let him out of the car up there in democommie land. Anything near Detroit is hardcore gimme my welfare check so.....

I agree but with 54 days left and they're not going to hold much back

Word is out that the preacher lady posted some comments earlier in the day that were anti trump, looks like him being nice enough to go to her church to speak was a setup. And while we are on this subject, I guess I was just raised different but I will not go to a church with a woman for a preacher, or for that matter a church without a preacher that is in the room, I guess there is a new thing where you set up churches and let them watch a tv screen, now that is a money racket

Elliott said:
Word is out that the preacher lady posted some comments earlier in the day that were anti trump, looks like him being nice enough to go to her church to speak was a setup. And while we are on this subject, I guess I was just raised different but I will not go to a church with a woman for a preacher, or for that matter a church without a preacher that is in the room, I guess there is a new thing where you set up churches and let them watch a tv screen, now that is a money racket

A gaint money racket. If it was Hillary she wouldn't have said ****. He is going to a lot of places like pholmann said were most if not all the people would never vote for him. Hillary would never show up for a group of good Ol boys

Elliott said:
I will not go to a church with a woman for a preacher,

I find this odd. I know other people who are the same way.

Not sure what sort of deep-rooted sexism would make a person think that a woman couldn't lead or teach them in the about God and Salvation...?

Anyway,

Gary Johnson and Bill Weld (especially) are NOT Libertarians.

I had high hopes. Then they garnered enough interest that they started getting interviews and media coverage. It all went down hill from there.

And for the record, I don't really care that GJ didn't instantly recognize what the "Aleppo" was when asked the question "What would you do about Aleppo?"
Has anyone really heard of any city in Syria besides Damascus? NO.

That would akin to asking someone, "What would you do about Flint?" with no context.

TBItoy said:
I find this odd. I know other people who are the same way.

Not sure what sort of deep-rooted sexism would make a person think that a woman couldn't lead or teach them in the about God and Salvation...?

Being dead serious and not joking around please tell why/what about GJ appeals to you? Asked JD but he knows everything

Anyway,

Gary Johnson and Bill Weld (especially) are NOT Libertarians.

I had high hopes. Then they garnered enough interest that they started getting interviews and media coverage. It all went down hill from there.

And for the record, I don't really care that GJ didn't instantly recognize what the "Aleppo" was when asked the question "What would you do about Aleppo?"

That would akin to asking someone, "What would you do about Flint?" with no context.

What appeals about the libertarian movement in general is less government. No ****ing income tax if they could ever make it happnen. Less waste. Less government. More liberty. That is the idea. Pay for what you use (use tax,) do whatever you want as long as you don't **** with other people and infringe on their rights and sovereignty. I'm scrambling to come up with money for taxes from last year (good year last year, bad year this year). It sucks to write a big check of money I don't have to a government that will give it to people I don't believe it needs to go to. A use tax only taxes you if you use it. I don't have to scramble at the end of the year to dump income in a good year to avoid bumping a bracket to be broke the next year when its bad as I have no liquid savings. Sucks
Him specifically, you mean do I think he's crazy? Dont like the way he talks? He's not presidential enough? Which of the three is? Not even ****ing close. When he started out, he got my attention with talk of less government, use tax, and more liberty (I'm quite socially liberal, free to do what you want as long as it doesn't infringe on my liberty). With digging he looks a little too loose on a lot of issues. I'm re-undecided. I'd take a Paul over him right now.
As for seeming uneducated on foreign policy, make sure your cabinet is quite well versed on that and stay abreast of what is happening. Are you saying that Trump has any idea what to do with foreign policy? He's in favor of tons more govt regulation. No matter what is intended, it spells less liberty for citizens.

Not much about GJ's politics really appeal to me now. (I thought that was evident by my last post)

His personal life/back ground before politics and the voting record as Gov were decent enough to make him more palatable than Clinton or Trump.
Along with the initial "Less Government, More Liberty" spiel, I thought we might have a real, electable, option.

Then he picks Bill Weld.
Then they start talking.
And it becomes evident that they won't stick to any real, meaningful, libertarian or constitutional values.

At one time, I thought that the Libertarian party might put forth a candidate that had actual libertarian values, and would be electable,

Rand Paul? maybe? He may be too career-politician esque for me if he ever gets the chance, but he seems to be pretty big on personal responsibility/freedom/liberty, while still recognizing societal concerns, and not being a staunch isolationist.

EDIT:

Yeah, what Kelly said!

blacksheep10 said:
What appeals about the libertarian movement in general is less government. No ****ing income tax if they could ever make it happnen. Less waste. Less government. More liberty. That is the idea. Pay for what you use (use tax,) do whatever you want as long as you don't **** with other people and infringe on their rights and sovereignty. I'm scrambling to come up with money for taxes from last year (good year last year, bad year this year). It sucks to write a big check of money I don't have to a government that will give it to people I don't believe it needs to go to. A use tax only taxes you if you use it. I don't have to scramble at the end of the year to dump income in a good year to avoid bumping a bracket to be broke the next year when its bad as I have no liquid savings. Sucks
Him specifically, you mean do I think he's crazy? Dont like the way he talks? He's not presidential enough? Which of the three is? Not even ****ing close. When he started out, he got my attention with talk of less government, use tax, and more liberty (I'm quite socially liberal, free to do what you want as long as it doesn't infringe on my liberty). With digging he looks a little too loose on a lot of issues. I'm re-undecided. I'd take a Paul over him right now.
As for seeming uneducated on foreign policy, make sure your cabinet is quite well versed on that and stay abreast of what is happening. Are you saying that Trump has any idea what to do with foreign policy? He's in favor of tons more govt regulation. No matter what is intended, it spells less liberty for citizens.

Am not happy with either of trump or Hillary . It's hard to believe this is the best we have to offer. I think everything is so screwed up that no one that's really good wants to be POTUS!

TBItoy said:
Not much about GJ's politics really appeal to me now. (I thought that was evident by my last post)

His personal life/back ground before politics and the voting record as Gov were decent enough to make him more palatable than Clinton or Trump.
Along with the initial "Less Government, More Liberty" spiel, I thought we might have a real, electable, option.

Then he picks Bill Weld.
Then they start talking.
And it becomes evident that they won't stick to any real, meaningful, libertarian or constitutional values.

At one time, I thought that the Libertarian party might put forth a candidate that had actual libertarian values, and would be electable,

Rand Paul? maybe? He may be too career-politician esque for me if he ever gets the chance, but he seems to be pretty big on personal responsibility/freedom/liberty, while still recognizing societal concerns, and not being a staunch isolationist.

EDIT:

Yeah, what Kelly said!

I agree with what you and Kelly said just don't get or understand Jd's post. I Was wondering if I was missing something about GJ that yall we're seeing that I didnt? But yall cleared that for me :dblthumb:

Elliott said:

There could be an entire spinoff on this one...just look up Steven Furtick and Elevation Church in Charlotte, NC. I am by no means a staunch religious person and believe everyone has their own ways of connecting with whatever other power they wish to follow, but any "church" that is a ****ing production and the leader lives in a 16,000sq/ft mansion on 19 acres and refuses to disclose his salary because it "violates the teachings of Christ" is a crock of ****. He did get one part right, he is the shepherd and herding the **** out his flock of sheep.

Edit:
And the irony of a post about churches being my 666th post. molaugh

TBItoy said:

Nooo, Nick. That's just crazy talk, you know all politicians are supposed to know everything about everything going on in the world without hiring professional advisors. I mean that's what Trumps going to do right? He don't need no stinking advisors to help him with foreign policy, draft health care reform or tax plans, or even a sidekick like Ben Carson to give him therapy sessions so that he calms his tone a bit so as not to upset Americans when he speaks publicly..... No, if you run for president, you aren't allowed to not know anything! :rolf:

I swear I am not stirring the pot, but please post what makes Gary Johnson unfit for president. I literally want to know, as to learn more about him. Maybe there are some things I have missed?

1.) Bill Weld sucks, I agree.
2.) I'm not a huge fan of his views on immigration, but I also don't see things the complete other way either as in Build a giant wall, deport, and ban Muslims. That's just crazy talk. Illegals are not working jobs that neither you or I would ever want to work.

Other than that, educate me on Gary. There are either things I have missed or mine and your views just flat out are different on things. Either of which are totally acceptable, regardless.

Re: Re: Trump for prez?

Stretch said:
There could be an entire spinoff on this one...just look up Steven Furtick and Elevation Church in Charlotte, NC. I am by no means a staunch religious person and believe everyone has their own ways of connecting with whatever other power they wish to follow, but any "church" that is a ****ing production and the leader lives in a 16,000sq/ft mansion on 19 acres and refuses to disclose his salary because it "violates the teachings of Christ" is a crock of ****. He did get one part right, he is the shepherd and herding the **** out his flock of sheep.

Edit:
And the irony of a post about churches being my 666th post. molaugh
I'll be the first to agree whole-heartedly with you on all that! Joel Osteen is another one! Hey, send us your money, I got this $10m house to pay for! But do it for Jesus! I have mixed reviews on religion, of which I do not wish to get into with anyone on here. I grew up in church, then our youth pastor - married (one I looked up to and took drum and guitar lessons from) got caught banging the church secretary - also married...at church! Then, soon after, the pastor got caught laundering money to build on to his house, deacons pretty much forced him to leave, but gave him one last Sunday sermon and pledged to keep the incident quiet. You can't keep anything quiet in a small town like mine. I attended the last service he preached at (now we are talking long time family pillar of the community here and pastor of one of the largest churches in town) he went on and on about how God was calling him to pastor a church over in GA somewhere, cried half the sermon, and took up offering 3 times! Took up offering before sermon, 3/4 way through sermon, and a last time after benediction prayer. Never seen at the church again after that. Stood up there and lied like hell to his people, and still given the chance to go lead another church in another state. I had began phasing out of church at that point anyway around 20 yrs old, but that really stirred up some deep thoughts with me and I pretty much stopped going shortly thereafter.

Elliott said:
And I'm so scared of her that im holding off on building my new building for my business. Lots paid for, site plan is done and approved, and I'm so terrified about what she is going to do to the economy that it just unsettling. These people that have never ran their own business have no place running a country period.There is no school that is going to teach you what you will need to know without ever feeling the pain and anguish of bad decisions.

So if hiilldawg gets elected are you just gonna pack it in?

You know no matter who gets elected president they are never as good or as bad as the various media propaganda makes them out to be beforehand. And they always say the opponent if elected is going to bring about the end of modern civilization. I don't like the hildabeast either but i still think unless she dies or gets arrested she's probably going to be elected and hopefully will be an improvement Overall over Obama. It looks like both the senate and the house will hold their GOP majority and thats going to make it very difficult for her to accomplish much at all. Remember that any supreme court justice nomination has to be voted on by the senate.

Re: Re: Trump for prez?

Neal3000 said:
So if hiilldawg gets elected are you just gonna pack it in?

You know no matter who gets elected president they are never as good or as bad as the various media propaganda makes them out to be beforehand. And they always say the opponent if elected is going to bring about the end of modern civilization. I don't like the hildabeast either but i still think unless she dies or gets arrested she's probably going to be elected and hopefully will be an improvement Overall over Obama. It looks like both the senate and the house will hold their GOP majority and thats going to make it very difficult for her to accomplish much at all. Remember that any supreme court justice nomination has to be voted on by the senate.
I agree. For once. Lol.

Apparently Johnson gets sand in his ***** when someone says "illegal immigrant" . He thinks the term is mean to people that come into the country illegally. Enough with the political correctness and politician speak.