• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trusses anybody?

whiskeymakin

Well if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any I don't guess.
The burnt building is still standing, get a call today that trusses are on the way. It's raining and the yard is really soft....here comes a 18 wheeler with some rather long trusses, my first thought is not good.
Dude tears up the yard and dumps the crap by the driveway. Contractor pulls out the paper and looks at demesions...they are 40', not 32' like I had drawn up and submitted. Sorry, meybe we can make it work they say. My blood is boiling.

It's not my problem other than a tore up yard and a pile of useless wood in the way, but if anybody is looking to build a 40x32 building on 16" centers, I know of a deal to be had on some trusses...
:mad:

Attachments

• 2016-03-03 20.17.59.jpg
    2016-03-03 20.17.59.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 135
Can't go bigger. Gas line behind and driveway comes in to the house.
If you are serious I will talk to the contractor. Ultimately it is their screw up, their money as far as I know. They have a 2 foot step up once you would come off the wall 8' they were designed to fit the lift I wanted but the orientation of the building got flipped 90 degrees somehow. I don't want a lift 10 feet away from my left side wall....know what I mean. Now if you wanted a 40' deep shop these will be perfect. Or if you don't need 14' in the middle just box it off and have a flat ceiling.
I will have to check on pitch. Either 4/12 or 6. It's not a lot tho. I didn't want the building overpowering the house.

Pm your number flatcreek

Not a bad idea but it will interfere with backing out of the house garage. It's a tight area we are working with.

Latest posts