• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tube bender info???

PixbyNick

Id like to get a tube bender just to play around with and maybe one day do cages of my own or stuff for friends. What would be a good/cheaper bender to get started with. Mainly wanting to do cages and tube bumpers for rzrs. Any info or advice is greatly appreciated.

I love my jd2 model 32. I picked up the manual version to cut down on the price since I was buying dies and a notcher with it but will be upgrading to electric over hydraulic eventually.

I had JD2 model 3 and now the JD2 model 32, both are good units.
One thing that will help keep cost down is to check which Bender some close friends have, you might be able to share dies.. :dblthumb:

Make sure you check out the radius on some cages, I like tighter radius' on mine but some like wider.and also make sure you buy a 180 degree die no sense in buying a 90 and needing a 180 for stingers and door bars later.

Elliott said:
Make sure you check out the radius on some cages, I like tighter radius' on mine but some like wider.and also make sure you buy a 180 degree die no sense in buying a 90 and needing a 180 for stingers and door bars later.
I've got a 6.5 clr for my 1.75 die and it's a little big for some things. 5.5 clr is next on the list for me.

85toyo said:
I've got a 6.5 clr for my 1.75 die and it's a little big for some things. 5.5 clr is next on the list for me.

That's funny cause I have the 5.5clr and sometimes wish I had the 6.5clr

A Toyota frame is so narrow that a 6.5 made a stinger look more like a shock hoop. :****: I really like it on other stuff though

I've got 5.5 on my. 1.75. I like it but my small dies are really tight. My 3/4" pipe die is probably 2.5 or 3" rad. Just all depends on what bars your doing.

How about hydraulics? Buying the hydraulic system from the bender company is way to expensive. What are yall doing for hydraulics?

The HF cylinder was better than manual but noisy (air pump exhausting right where you're working, air compressor running), and slow (I was getting 1° per second iir).
I got the cylinder mount from JD2 and sourced my own cylinder and pump. :dblthumb:

Can some of you with the different cylinder setups post up a few pics of how you have it setup. I have only recently start thinking of buying a bender and have never paid any attention to them until now

Just got this done. It's a jd2 with a HF air/hydro ram. Gonna eventually go full hydraulic but for now this works pretty good and can all but bend a 90 without repinning which surprised me.
8upasate.jpg