• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

tube bender

I am by no means saying that the HF bender is any kind of quality. However it does work OK for the price, it will kink the hell out of tube or pipe if you do not take the time to work with it. The only way I've figured out how to make 90 degree bends without kinking the material is a pain in the ass. Step 1. buy some playground sand. Step 2. buy some expandable freeze plugs from napa. Step 3. plug one end of the piece and place the tube vertically. Step 4 fill with sand, as you fill it tap the tube with a hammer constantly until its full, and very very well compacted. Step 5. plug the other end and bend it.
Like I said, a pain in the ass but it does work.:redneck:

Hip said:
as posted above the JD2 is not a bad bender and is actually a tube bender.

go here http://www.jd2.com/

ive built a few cages and stuff with mine goes up to 2" .120 wall. the dies are what is expensive so choose wisely. most get the 2" and 1 1/2" round.

i just ordered a 1" sq....die to go with ours.

I think im going to put this on my christmas list this year

SoCal Redneck said:
looking at $250 with 6 dies included as well as the degree ring, pedistal, and extension bar

Really! Well when yer ready to sell let me know cause i wanna buy it!

collest thing about the bender is that it can be retrofitted with hydraulics. kinda spendy though, think the 10 ton is in the neighborhood of $1000

SoCal Redneck said:
collest thing about the bender is that it can be retrofitted with hydraulics. kinda spendy though, think the 10 ton is in the neighborhood of $1000

The actual hydraulic unit isnt that expensive, its the model 4 bender thats expensive. Anyway what have you used the bender for and how has it worked for ya?

I used the bender just for small side jobs that I didn't want to drive all the way to my shop to do. bent a few tubes for sliders and intermidiate pipes on standard travel rails. it worked great for what I needed it for.

War-Jeeper said:
The actual hydraulic unit isnt that expensive, its the model 4 bender thats expensive. Anyway what have you used the bender for and how has it worked for ya?

the hydraulic cylinder is around $500 and the adaptor is $100 along with the pump/hose/gauge kit at almost another $500

SoCal Redneck said:
the hydraulic cylinder is around $500 and the adaptor is $100 along with the pump/hose/gauge kit at almost another $500

Yer right i didnt look very closely.

I looked into it before just buying a new bender. decided to just get something bigger so I could bend my 2.00 x.120 dom at hom without and issues

SoCal Redneck said:
looking at $250 with 6 dies included as well as the degree ring, pedistal, and extension bar
Holy **** that's a deal..... :wtf: I'd buy that just for the dies but I'm not sure if they'd work with my ProTools bender...

Put me in line of WJ backs out. What'd you replace it with?

Last edited:
what dies are you looking for? in this area money is more had then sense so I come up on deals on metal working tools all the time. many people here buy the stuff, use it for one build, then get rid of it.

SoCal Redneck said:
what dies are you looking for? in this area money is more had then sense so I come up on deals on metal working tools all the time. many people here buy the stuff, use it for one build, then get rid of it.
Anything OTHER than 1.5", tighter the radius the happier I am. :clappy: If you spot deals on any other tools that you're gonna pass up post them here!

Latest posts