• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

tube bender

MADDMUDDER

Harbor freight has tube bender for 74.99 12ton would this be a good bender to make sliders and stuff with? Just starting out fabing my own stuff and need some input on a good bender. Not alot of Greenbacks to spend!!!:helpsmilie:

MADDMUDDER said:
Harbor freight has tube bender for 74.99 12ton would this be a good bender to make sliders and stuff with? Just starting out fabing my own stuff and need some input on a good bender. Not alot of Greenbacks to spend!!!:helpsmilie:

Steve, just save the money and get a better one. My$.02

i HAVE ONE OF THOSE :D I noly use it ONCE in a blue moon...

Plus you have to weigh tool cost vs. usage...

crash said:
Oh and those are not "tube benders" those are poop pipe kinkers :;

Mines for sale -

$50.00

12 ton - pipe bender... Harbor Frieght Brand

================================

they are alright for doing little stuff that doesn't require alot of bends or anything in the 90 degree area's...

sliders / bumper tube / pipe add-on's / etc.

----------- there are better machine s out there for repetitive uses or making bends in different materials - poop pipe works the best in these units.
you might want to consider a different model if working w/ anything other than poop pipe. hence the name - kinker maker!

also looking for a mig welder freight has one for around 150 are they worth anything? need to get some work done to my heep so i can stop wishing and start playing. I need a welder though and dont have alot of cash for one. If it will get the job done and you know of any pleaz let me know!!!

MADDMUDDER said:
also looking for a mig welder freight has one for around 150 are they worth anything? need to get some work done to my heep so i can stop wishing and start playing. I need a welder though and dont have alot of cash for one. If it will get the job done and you know of any pleaz let me know!!!
I hear Ben has a bender and welder. :redneck:

well yes he has one but Chris is in line for a bumper and stuff. Besides I want to make a new bonner and sliders and tube the front. I can do all the welding and stuff but he is busy. To hard to get him when he has time. Pluse he is GHEY!!:stirpot:

MADDMUDDER said:
well yes he has one but Chris is in line for a bumper and stuff. Besides I want to make a new bonner and sliders and tube the front. I can do all the welding and stuff but he is busy. To hard to get him when he has time. Pluse he is GHEY!!:stirpot:

Chris has other plans.......so you can use his 3 sticks of 20-0 1.5". You have me confuse with :rb: Shane.

Bender

My boyfriend would like a bender for xmas, What name brand would anyone reccomend? Do you know price? Would like a good one something that is not for small stuff.

as posted above the JD2 is not a bad bender and is actually a tube bender.

go here http://www.jd2.com/

ive built a few cages and stuff with mine goes up to 2" .120 wall. the dies are what is expensive so choose wisely. most get the 2" and 1 1/2" round.

i just ordered a 1" sq....die to go with ours.

I am waiting for the Pro-Tools 105HD to show up any day now!! (they shipped it a few days late) I only ordered one set of dies, 1.5" 240 degree.. I have to wait till I get some extra cash to get the 1.75" dies, they shouldn't be more than a couple weeks out...

The benders aren't what get ya, it's the dies!!! Before ordering, I did a alot of research on the different brands
one thing I learned while doing research was that the jd2 come just bare metal and some people were having rust issues?
the Pro-Tools has some two part epoxy coating that is supposedly more durable than than powdercoating, atleast that's per Jim @ protools... http://pro-tools.com/105.htm

Once it gets here, I have to figure out which way I want to mount it, not sure if I am going to make the stand and floor mount it, or get a cheap hydraulic cylinder (I've seen some setups on pirate with a cheap harbor fright cylinder that looked like they could be functional?) maybe?? and try that?:corn:

Last edited:
I use to work at HFT. The welders are ****, but they carry a hobart which is suppose to be decent. I'm pretty sure they have pipe benders and tube benders. I know a couple guys that have used the tube benders for small stuff. they say you gotta go slow, or they will kink the pipe right nice.

If you are just making some 45's for sliders, it'd probably work good enough. I don't think you want to use it to make a whole cage or anything like that though.