• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

tubeing notchers??

1TONTJ said:
I have a Notchmaster with the SWAG reach around arm and supershaft. It works pretty darn good and is probably the best bang for your buck. If your budget is big enough, the Mittler Bros. is the way to go.
molaugh

Heath, with the style of buggies you are building I would recommend the TN-250. I bought the nochmaster
and added the swag arm and more times than I can count it wouldn't notch in the bend. Call me if you have any ?'s

Will the baleigh tn-250 make a 20* notch? I have a several notches that are tight angles, making for long notches. My jmr will get me started, but i run out of travel room and the saw will hit the clamp well before the notch is finished

Picked up a HF notcher off the damaged/ missing parts clearance shelf for $30. I've built 90% of my buggy with it using one hole saw. For the casual builder I couldn't ask for much more with $30 invested.
Granted I would like the ability to notch in bends and such. I dont have them deep pockets for alot of "wants" tho.
But if I had my choice I like the beast.

I bought one from Eastwood on sale for 69.00 bucks, i dont do alot of work with it, but it does great for the money! but if i knew i was going in the buggy building business, i would buy the best one out there.

Another thumbs up for the Rogue Fab Versanotcher. We just got one in the shop a few days ago and going from the HF style to this there is no comparing the two. If you are looking for a well built/designed tool for the money this one is awesome. I can not believe we did not get one sooner!