• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Tubing End Caps, Weld on Clevis Brackets

caglezxj

I am thinking about making the 1 3/4 x .120 wall tube caps to start selling. I was also thinking about making some of the heavy duty clevis brackets. If this interest any of you please post up. I would like to see what the market for them would be. I can make the Tube Caps with a sharper point if you would like.

l_a53e4e1667a940b1a1e7c334b5c6af1b.png

and these shackle/clevis attachments
CLEVIS-MOUNTS--FLAT-SURFACE-01.jpg

I will not know a price until I can see how many I need to make. I will try to get a price up shortly.

I'm down for at least 3 of the clevis mounts
Need 2 for clevises and one to mount my Ram..

There's a market on those clevis mounts if you can produce them at a decent price... Thats always the issue with them that I have found though :dunno: Gave up on them years ago for that reason. laughing1

I will call on steel prices tomorrow and figure my time. I might make a slew of them Friday and just see how well they go. I will keep everyone posted.

Sharp point... I dig it ! EOR did some like that on a chassis they are working on and it look's wicked as hell !

Yeah , Coleworx did it on the Caddy Buggy also. I think it just gives it a slick finish instead of a flat cap.

sounds good, I am going Friday to pick up the steel and roughly have some ready in a couple of weeks. Plan on making 40 of the weld on d-ring brackets and as many of the tube caps as I can get done. I am thinking the weld on d-ring bracket will be 11.0n a piece for the first batch and will have to figure the maching time on the end caps. I will keep everyone posted.

I have some 1" steel. About 8" wide and 42" long or so, I think I have 3 or 4 pieces, want to do some tradin'

John Galbreath Jr. said:
I have some 1" steel. About 8" wide and 42" long or so, I think I have 3 or 4 pieces, want to do some tradin'

I might be. I would jump on it for sure if it was 2 1/2" wide. the way I am keeping cost down is the design of the material. I will have very little waste by using 2 1/2 flat stock and the way I cut them and lay them out. Let me see if I have a way to cut those pieces in 2 1/2 wide pieces and it will be a deal.

The point to be 3 inchs long and fit in inch and a half sch 40 pipe inside the pipe measures inch and a half, need a price on 10.

Sounds like the schedule 40 pipe is the same inside diameter as the 1.750 dom or hrew tubing . Which is 1.50 like you stated. The longer the point the more it will cost. But I will work out prices for everyone. I will try and do 10 to 20 of each size.

Sounds like a good demand for everything and I will be giving all this a go. So stay tuned to this topic.

I would be down for some 1.75" caps. AA manufactoring is the only place I can find them now, and they are not pointed enough!